• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

which players will play their last test matches in the forthcoming ashes series

MrPrez

International Debutant
Your point being?

I didn't say he was poor. Just that he has a way lower ceiling than would be preferable on a long-term prospect.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He does has massive glaring weaknesses, though. Is (for a Test bat) very average off his legs, for example. In his defence, most lefties are off-side biased but the best also nick-and-nudge whereas Cowan sweats on his money shots.

Last edited:

Mr.Robbinson

Cricket Spectator
Clarke wont survive the blood-bath, pretty sure he will be carrying a lot his mates along with him. Australia might retain Clarke as player maybe but he's absolutely rubbish as captain. Moreover his heydays with bat are over, no more smashing trundlers in your backyard. Time to face some quality bowlers and let that inflated average of his dip.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Good lefties punish anything on their pads. Right arm bowlers drifting onto a lefties pads should be money to them.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cowan was never going to be anything more than a plug, imo. He's done well but is never going to be more than sufficient. As soon as a talented opener proves himself ready for international cricket, he'll take Cowan's place.
In much the same way that Compton was for England. Might be harsh but it is the truth, both are nice blokes who just don't quite cut it at the highest level.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarke wont survive the blood-bath, pretty sure he will be carrying a lot his mates along with him. Australia might retain Clarke as player maybe but he's absolutely rubbish as captain. Moreover his heydays with bat are over, no more smashing trundlers in your backyard. Time to face some quality bowlers and let that inflated average of his dip.
:laugh:

Like the cut of your jib matey but that post probably belongs in the "under the lid thread" As a fellow Englishman I found it most amusing but it's got to be a troll because its 99% full of bollocks.

Don't underestimate Clarke with bat in hand or his on field captaincy.........he's pretty handy on both counts.

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Definitely Haddin, at 35 can't see a long future for him. Harris a possibility if injuries get to him. I think Cowan will play again even if dropped just based on the dearth of players scoring runs at first class level.

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rogers is 35 you know.
Yeah but I think the selectors will want to have Wade back in the side, and the fact that he's had a stint in the side already will benefit him. Again because of the poor batting talent currently in Australia, if Rogers has a good series, I think he may play for a little while longer. Considering he's only played one test match, he may be able to go until 37/38.