• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under The Lid thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Anticipating this on being the thread with the most posts in it...

Just like the short leg who is out of ear shot of everyone else and likes to get lippy, try and keep the convict/whinging pom repartee in here.

Comments and conversations that are toeing the trolling line can expect to be moved into here.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Why didn't ya's move your whole country and empire here 200 odd years ago instead of sending convicts ya dickheads. Y'all know this is a vastly superior place to live than your smelly little cold northern hemisphere joint. *

*I've never been particularly good at this stuff. How'd I go?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Monk, you need to take a back seat here mate. You have to be a bit more personal, tie it in to
Individual posters.

So, don't refer to England being full of soap dodgers. Be specific - note that Corrin doesn't shower, or FJ is no good etc.

That hurts them more, because it's personal.

uvelocity

International Coach
Why didn't ya's move your whole country and empire here 200 odd years ago instead of sending convicts ya dickheads. Y'all know this is a vastly superior place to live than your smelly little cold northern hemisphere joint. *

*I've never been particularly good at this stuff. How'd I go?
strong finish. potential there

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh surely this will not stand,, is this thread needed, I know the Colonialists are a bit rabid at times, but surely even those uncouth barbarians can discuss a game of cricket without getting too boorish. Play up, Play up and play the game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It used to be fun picking on the Aussies. Like when you're a Year 8 and push around the year 7s. But now it feels more like a sixth former picking on primary school kids. Easy and entirely unnecessary.

Not that I won't be joining in, mind. Every time you think an Aussie is a decent bloke he opens his mouth and reminds you he's a ****.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You weren't bitching when I opened my mouth to say we were going to Aphrodites. WAC.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Monk, you need to take a back seat here mate. You have to be a bit more personal, tie it in to
Individual posters.

So, don't refer to England being full of soap dodgers. Be specific - note that Corrin doesn't shower, or FJ is no good etc.

That hurts them more, because it's personal.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the rattling of your chains.

What was that again in English?

(am I doing it right?)

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
when you say in english, you must mean phrased with all emphasis on the negative, in a whiny, bleak and jaundiced tone. don't know that burgey can manage that.

uvelocity

International Coach
*** Official - England face stiff challenge to continue Ball Tampering unhindered ***

*** Official - England face stiff challenge to continue Ball Tampering unhindered ***

In developing news, at the recent ICC board meeting in London, ball tampering has been a major focal point. Under new rules England will have two choices, either stop tampering with the ball, or face each of the captains it names for the Ashes games being suspended under new tougher rules. This is a major blow to England who, over the last decade or so have turned ball tampering into a fine artform. The result of these rule changes have meant England have now slipped from favourites to outsiders in the betting markets as fans and experts alike wonder how they will now take 20 wickets in a match - with some (clearly deluded) England supporters suggesting their (chortle) spinner will dig them out of the proverbial! Read more here - ICC news : Bal Tampering Laws Amended Thwart England | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | ESPN Cricinfo

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
What a load of bollocks Uvo.

What is it with you Australians?? how come you are never beaten.....you are only ever cheated or robbed.

I'll bet you your Avatar for a year Uvo that over the course of the next 10 Ashes tests England never get penalised with this new ruling.