• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1 watson
2 cowan
3 rogers
4 hughes
5 clarke
6 smith (C)
7 haddin
8-11 who cares

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
1. Langer
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Martyn
5. Katich
6. Clarke
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Gillespie
10. Lee
11. Kasprowicz

Now that's an Ashes-winning side.

flibbertyjibber

Jimmy in form and will be heading to his favourite ground looking to go past the great Fred very early in the innings. Can see an England win here with Anderson and Broad firing.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jimmy in form and will be heading to his favourite ground looking to go past the great Fred very early in the innings. Can see an England win here with Anderson and Broad firing.
2 things have been confirmed for me already

1. Harris and Pattinson are appreciably better than Bird, Finn and Bresnan

2. Rooty Hill u/13 C's have a better batting lineup than Australia so 1 wont make any difference whatsoever

Mr.Robbinson

Cricket Spectator
Can England go easy on Australia and play Essex XI in the first test? We don't want to make it too boring now do we?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just as a courtesy message, tickets go on sale tomorrow for the Australian leg of the Ashes series for all ACF members.

Just Google Australian Cricket Family and register for those who aren't members and want tickets.

Ruckus

International Captain
Is this a ****ing joke:

"Apart from anointing Rogers, Lehmann said that he was considering a five-man bowling attack for Trent Bridge, which would likely have Brad Haddin and the uncapped James Faulkner batting at Nos. 6 and 7."

Also, "Ryan Harris and Jackson Bird have slim chances of squeezing into the bowling quartet for Trent Bridge, but the resting of James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle and the spinner Nathan Lyon for the tour match in Worcester is the strongest indication yet that they will be the frontline attack for Australia."

Really? Starc is gonna play over Harris? Wtf is going on here. If I made a list of the capped bowlers who I think would be most likely to leak runs it would be 1. Starc 2. Pattinson 3. Siddle 4. Harris 5. Bird.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I

Also, "Ryan Harris and Jackson Bird have slim chances of squeezing into the bowling quartet for Trent Bridge, but the resting of James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle and the spinner Nathan Lyon for the tour match in Worcester is the strongest indication yet that they will be the frontline attack for Australia."

Really? Starc is gonna play over Harris? Wtf is going on here. If I made a list of the capped bowlers who I think would be most likely to leak runs it would be 1. Starc 2. Pattinson 3. Siddle 4. Harris 5. Bird.
To be fair this is media speculation, not a direct quote from Lehmann.

Spikey

Darren Berry ‏@Chucksaca 1h
@chloejane32 Hughes 3 Khwaja4 Clarke5 Warner6 Haddin7 Faulkner8 Harris9 Siddle or Starc10 and Pattinson11 will be Boofs team. Lyon 12th.

maybe australian cricket sucks because people like berry and lehmann have walked into state coaching gigs and are clearly idiots