• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Spark

Global Moderator
Holding - 'Rodgers can count himself unlucky'.

No he ****ing can't. Seriously, do people forget leg stump exists when it comes to lbws? There's 3 stumps for a reason. If that had been Starc to Trott, we'd have been calling it plumb because it would've been hitting off stump.
The reason leg stump is treated diffently is pretty simple - it's all about angles.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weirdest day. Wickets everywhere but amongst it a few blokes scoring at LO rates. Hectic maaaaaannnnnnnn.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would actually really love it if this Test only went for the 3 days. Places to be on Saturday night. It would be annoying for the working crowd in England though if its over by Friday. I think the game could get into the fourth day still.

Spikey

i'm not sure if australia has faith in smith so much as they have even less faith in usman or warner

Burgey

i'm not sure if australia has faith in smith so much as they have even less faith in usman or warner
Don't knock the champ!

If Trott bowls second change do the comms call him an all rounder for the next test?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The reason leg stump is treated diffently is pretty simple - it's all about angles.
Wrong angles. And despite HawkEye proving to people that leg stump actually exists, we're still not challenging the incorrect conventional wisdom when it comes to legside lbws since 98% of the ball needs to be hitting leg stump before it stops being 'umpire's call'.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I would actually really love it if this Test only went for the 3 days. Places to be on Saturday night. It would be annoying for the working crowd in England though if its over by Friday. I think the game could get into the fourth day still.
I hate when tests don't reach the weekends. Due to the Cape Town test in 2011 only lasting three days, I didn't see my first bit of live action of the last South Africa v Australia test series until the 6th day of the series. Was a series I was anticipating so much and I had to rely on highlights and recorded footage, without being able to post on CW at the same time etc, for most of it.

ajdude

International Coach
:laugh: Same with International Cricket 2010 too. Nothing better than seeing a batsman hook a yorker for six. Amazing game.
yeah it took me two or three years to have a decent match in ic2010 and it came last month, i played as bermuda against australia in a t20 and chased 188 on the second last ball 9 wickets down. i'm a big advocate of the front foot drive off a bouncer actually

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This RPM thing reminds me of Richard posting here years ago saying that every finger spinner put the same amount of revs on the ball because he'd video taped them all and watched them in slow motion and counted them. Good times.

Spikey

i still maintain Hughes isn't as bad against spin as he displayed in the first Indian tests and am pleased to see he isn't playing like he did in those indian tests

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah pretty much. Apparently in 2010 he was only spinner measured to average over 2000 RPM so if he's getting it up there towards 2500 on some deliveries, that's tops.
That's actually really interesting. I assume you just mean the English home season, but even so, with Ajmal and Shakib participating it wasn't the worst season for spin bowling quality.