• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Surely Botham just meant that the pressure got to Cowan and he wouldn't have played that shot in County Cricket.

This is so nerve-wracking watching us bat, I mean every single ball..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surely Botham just meant that the pressure got to Cowan and he wouldn't have played that shot in County Cricket.

This is so nerve-wracking watching us bat, I mean every single ball..
why would some balls be nerve-wracking and not others though? #pedantic

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I actually thought he said "That's the kind of shot you play when you haven't played in the Ashes before" but that would make even less sense.
He did, meaning Cowan's nerves got the better of him.

A seasoned pro like Cook would have left that. (Yes I know Cook nicked a wide one to the keeper but right at the start of his innings he left a few of those.)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
why would some balls be nerve-wracking and not others though? #pedantic
Well if one bowler didn't look like taking a wicket for starters or if one batsman looks completely assured. I'm actually really happy with Rogers start, but I don't want to jinx it.