• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Would it not make more sense for the counter to show revs per second?
Yeah it would IMO. 2000 revs per minute is about 33 per second, if you want a quick conversion.

I really like the idea. Fast bowlers have things recording how fast they bowl, so why not have things that record how much spin spinners are putting on the ball?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit confused as to why Agar was fasttracked ahead of Lyon here...I mean he looks a decent bowler, but def not so good to justify his inclusion over Lyon, who is no doubt pretty gutted about being left out like this.
pfft tell someone who cares

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I swear Starc can be an annoying ****. I understand the excitement around him, but ffs you have Ryan Harris.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it would IMO. 2000 revs per minute is about 33 per second, if you want a quick conversion.

I really like the idea. Fast bowlers have things recording how fast they bowl, so why not have things that record how much spin spinners are putting on the ball?
Yeah absolutely. As I said before, The ECB/Sky actually been recording this since at least 2010 so it's about time they introduced it into their coverage. Can't help but think they wouldn't have done so if Swann didn't exist, but hey ho. :p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've just noticed the lack of an Australian voice in the commentary box.

I know Warne's in Vegas but it's still a bit of an oversight. Sky should have signed up McGrath.