• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Days of Grace

International Captain
Who gives a **** about the aircraft pilots.

You can talk **** during matches against minor nations like India but this is the Ashes ffs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trott aside, a lot of the batsmen have not really committed on the front foot properly. Almost Khawaja like with a half press and not getting right out to the ball.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really? I think, as a unit, Australia have bowled poorly. If they had hit their areas then England could easily have been 64-5. I'm OK with the score. Over 250 and I will be moderately pleased. Over 300 I will be extatic.
I agree that Oz haven't bowled that well but it just goes to show that England's batting isn't that great either - IMO, Root isn't a test opener's bum, KP has been out for a while and it shows whilst Bell isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and the tail is long

Reckon this series will be closer than many predicted

ajdude

International Coach
shut the **** up bumble

everytime i have easy mac i remember why i hate easy mac and myself so much

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McGrath on the radio saying he thinks our bowlers attack a bit too much at times, and this isn't a wicket where they'll blast a side out.

Seems to be suggesting the pitch is a bit, well, flat, I suppose.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Really important spell this for Starc. I know he's only gone for 30 runs but he needs to show that he has the ability to take wickets at the rate Harris and Bird can take them.

Ruckus

International Captain
Really important spell this for Starc. I know he's only gone for 30 runs but he needs to show that he has the ability to take wickets at the rate Harris and Bird can take them.
at this stage, unless the ball is swinging, I just don't think he can

U19 12th Man
They look like a couple of bowlers getting accustomed to new conditions really.

Still think the Starc selection is a poor one though.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I'd love to see it, I don't think he's up to it though, maybe a few tail end wickets this inning

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Siddle has been the only bowler to bowl a spell which actually built some proper pressure thus far.

Probably found it easier as the ball hasn't gone as far for him; Starc and Patto worrying and adjusting for how far some balls have swung, and when they haven't afterwards its ended up being a boundary ball.

But too many balls, even if they aren't boundaries, have been ordinary, and the batsmen haven't felt the heat enough. Don't know whether it's a good sign, as we'll get better, or if it means we've struck lucky, a la Gabba 2010/11.