• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah it annoys me when someone bowls a ball like that and gives away a free boundary but don't get any runs next to their name.
I just don't really like how that was worth more than a fantastic cut for 4. I don't hate 4 going next to the bowlers name, but I didn't think it was that wide at the batsman, just went wider after it past him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Siddle hasn't been bowling 140s for a while, not just this match.
I know mate. He was bowling in the 140s in the last Ashes when averaged 600 with the ball. That's what I'm saying - he's dropped his pace and he's a better bowler. He could still bowl the odd spell where he might let rip but the current method is working for him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what about when the ball stops swinging? Hey if he ramps it up when the ball isn't moving, I'll totally stand corrected.
When it stops swinging he will no doubt use wellalibedarned's prodigious seam movement from this anything but flat wicket to make the ball talk that way.

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
Ian Bell still being called a young man. He is 31 ffs. Been around for ages.
He'll look like a schoolboy until he's in his 40's though so it's understandable.

Siddle has been very up and down hasn't he? Bowled a pearler for root, KP out to a gash shot and otherwise expensive.