• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
His feet seemed to be going towards square leg. Weird, weird shot.
I think it's a mixture of being so out of touch and also so used to playing from his front foot, so he needed his front foot closer to the off for an offside shot, it was not a pretty sight though IMO

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He used to bowl consistently 140ish, he hasn't been recently. Not that hard to fathom.
He also wasn't as consistent as he is ATM. Fmd mate, bowlers adapt, they drop pace and do more with the ball, or they have a spell where they bend their backs and bang it in.

Do you reckon Starc and Pattinson were balls to the wall this morning? Each of them can bowl faster but they were concentrating on pitching it up and moving it.
Come on, ffs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How on earth is that a wide in a Test match and I hate how keepers and commentators are happy with that since its 5 runs vs 4.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How on earth is that a wide in a Test match and I hate how keepers and commentators are happy with that since its 5 runs vs 4.
Nah it annoys me when someone bowls a ball like that and gives away a free boundary but don't get any runs next to their name.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's a mixture of being so out of touch and also so used to playing from his front foot, so he needed his front foot closer to the off for an offside shot, it was not a pretty sight though IMO
KP's barely played lately, apart from one big county innings. You could hardly leave him out once he was fit, but it's no surpise that he's out of touch.

You'd think that a better attack would have use 4 or 5 down for well under 100. Instead, England are wondering htf we've lost 3 wickets. Weird game to date, but there's been little evidence over the last couple of years that our batters will stick around long enough to build something substantial. If it still swings tomorrow then England may be OK. If not, Aus could be in pole position by end of Day 2.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
He also wasn't as consistent as he is ATM. Fmd mate, bowlers adapt, they drop pace and do more with the ball, or they have a spell where they bend their backs and bang it in.

Do you reckon Starc and Pattinson were balls to the wall this morning? Each of them can bowl faster but they were concentrating on pitching it up and moving it.
Come on, ffs.
Siddle hasn't been bowling 140s for a while, not just this match. Also bowled very quick against india at home and was just as, if not more, consistent.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah it annoys me when someone bowls a ball like that and gives away a free boundary but don't get any runs next to their name.
I agree, but really, from a team perspective, keepers should rather byes be given, since it's 4 runs not 5. So I agree with half Nufan's second point.