• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Siddle really has to work on his pace though. I don't think he topped 140ks once. Really needs some meat, actually looks a bit gaunt around the face.
Pace doesn't matter in England. Accuracy and movement is much more important.

adub

International Captain
This is the Siddle I don't mind at all. Full and outside off allowing it to do a little. This is the stuff he was doing under Billy when he cleaned up India. The only problem is he seems to forget that this is his best stuff too often. Keep it up Vego.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Australia could really dry the runs down in this period. Both batsman are pretty stodgy operators against accurate attacks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I do think Finch could possibly storm right into test contention if he has even has a good 10 game FC run......but he wasn't even playing in the shield last year so you just can't pick him. Bailey should have been called in, or at least former Australia A captain Tim Paine given the VC
Yeah giving it to Paine would have been the easy and better option. Perhaps Paine or Warner (ha) will captain the first class matches? I wonder if Boof is a Paine fan? Have I read too much into Wade not playing in either warmup? Or does Lehmann want a keeper who can catch. :)

Ruckus

International Captain
Pace doesn't matter in England. Accuracy and movement is much more important.
I don't mind if Siddle changes his whole MO, but historically he hasn't been that kind of bowler. He has had success by running in hard, bowling fast and getting subtle seam movement.

ajdude

International Coach
**** i hope we don't get bell and bairstow out soon, prior will make like a double ton or something

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't mind if Siddle changes his whole MO, but historically he hasn't been that kind of bowler. He has had success by running in hard, bowling fast and getting subtle seam movement.
There's been nothing wrong with Siddle's pace so far this Test so your comments are baffling.