• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Ruckus

International Captain
How much better do you want him to be? Averages over 50 in Tests and ODi's, and has scored 13 international centuries. I can get a tad frustrated by his scoring rate in ODi's sometimes, but generally, he's a magnificent player. Him and Cook make for a fantastically efficient top order, and if Joe Root can establish himself alongside them, we'll have a superb top 3.
Well tbh, I think his average will drop a little below 50 over time.

Siddleee

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The bigger problem is that Finch has been made captain, which is nice and all, but he shouldn't actually play in the FC games
Yeah its crazy really, when I saw the initial squad I thought fair enough Finch can captain the short format matches and Smith the serious stuff. Finch is the sort of **** who will probably dominate in the first class matches now and then come back to Vic and struggle to reach double figures.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah I hope he is to. I think it was Daemon who earlier asked when Siddle became Veggie. It was after the last Ashes, before the India series in 2011/12. I.e, before his best series. Lack of meat isn't the worry.
if you guys havent noticed, siddle being vegetarian has been a frequently occurring running gag

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah its crazy really, when I saw the initial squad I thought fair enough Finch can captain the short format matches and Smith the serious stuff. Finch is the sort of **** who will probably dominate in the first class matches now and then come back to Vic and struggle to reach double figures.
I do think Finch could possibly storm right into test contention if he has even has a good 10 game FC run......but he wasn't even playing in the shield last year so you just can't pick him. Bailey should have been called in, or at least former Australia A captain Tim Paine given the VC