• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
i have never seen a more negative bloke than Backlash. That includes Scaly.
Unless you're a complete homer there is nothing to be positive about when it comes to Australian Cricket now or into the future.

Greg Chappell on radio right now doing his bit for the CA spin machine. I wonder what kind of spin Cricket Australia will come out with when Australia loses these two up coming Ashes they agreed too? :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is it school holidays over in England at the moment? Seems a little unusual to start a Test on a Wednesday if its not - not that I'm complaining.

Also, it looks as though the weather should be good for the first couple of sessions at the very least.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
There is no way in hell English Cricket would survive long term with no Ashes. Pretty much zero. Not with it's current standing in English sports. Cricket in England revolves more around the Ashes than Cricket in Australia does too from my experience.

The 2001 Ashes was a bit of a joke really.

Anyway, back on topic. We're only hours away from the start of the biggest mistake in Test Cricket history. I may watch a few of hours for the 1st day. It's like a car crash I guess, you just can't look away!
I find reading your posts to be similar to watching a car crash tbh, I want to be spared of your rubbish and ignore you, but I just can't!

Ruckus

International Captain
Really hope we bowl first. Not sure I can take the tension of seeing us bat. Although watching Starc bowl some pies might not be particularly relaxing either.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really hope we bowl first. Not sure I can take the tension of seeing us bat. Although watching Starc bowl some pies might not be particularly relaxing either.
Yeah, totally valid reason to give up the advantage of batting first...

I find reading your posts to be similar to watching a car crash tbh, I want to be spared of your rubbish and ignore you, but I just can't!
We have an ignore function.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm keen. So bloody keen. Reckon I'll pull the sofa bed out of the couch and live there for the next few weeks (work and gym aside).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No sooner did Jono make that post than my train was delayed by 2 minutes. Coincidence.

Anyway for the second home Ashes series in a row, I shall be in a different country to the cricket for the whole of day one. So that's me and Furball who'll be rooting for the good guys from north of Hadrian's Wall

Come on you mighty poms!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chris Barrett ‏@ChrisBarrett_ 42s
Steve Smith set to bat No.6 for Australia in first Test. David Warner poised to miss out #Ashes #cricket

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it school holidays over in England at the moment? Seems a little unusual to start a Test on a Wednesday if its not - not that I'm complaining.

Also, it looks as though the weather should be good for the first couple of sessions at the very least.
No another week left after this one. Starts on Wednesday so Lord's gets a Thursday start next week. All about Lord's stuff the rest.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No another week left after this one. Starts on Wednesday so Lord's gets a Thursday start next week. All about Lord's stuff the rest.
Was the same in 09, tbh if the Test goes five days then I'm quite grateful of the Wednesday start but with Oz likely to be defeated in about eight sessions then its rubbish