• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Drinks break well timed. Breakthrough coming now hopefully.

Would've kept going with the old ball/Agar ftr.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why would you not pick Compton if you were going to do that?
If we're talking about second in line we could move Compton to the higher middle order and have Chopra open. Not sure if that's what he meant, but it's definitely an option if Bairstow keeps failing and there's an injury to Bell or KP.

Woodster

International Captain
How about drop Root to 6 and pick Varun Chopra to open
Genuinely don't think they want or wanted to give anyone else a chance to cement a place at the top of the order, especially a younger bat, because they want Root up there for a long time so I expect they'll stick with him now, even if he has a failures, for quite some time.

cnerd123

likes this
Pattinson only actually moves it one way conventionally, but that actually makes him more Steyn like. I noticed the similarities when young Patto first arrived on the scene, and it's one of the reasons I've always been a fan. Has so much potential.
Yea his inward movement seems natural, his away movement forced, opposite to Steyn.

If he can stay fit, he'll do very well in the years to come.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How about drop Root to 6 and pick Varun Chopra to open
I'd be amazed if he came in and got runs opening, especially if Australia keep up this standard of bowling. Compton's surely a better option. He's not a world beater but he at least has some test experience and a few runs against this attack already this summer.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad, Bairstow, Finn all being mentioned so far mate. Just going off that.
Have they? well Finn should be dropped too, bring him back for pitches that suit him, Oval and OT.

Broad can only be because he's carrying an injury, otherwise it's madness.

Woodster

International Captain
As I said though, does not score runs.

Despite reservations I would probably go with Taylor if he keeps scoring runs.
Yes he has struggled with the bat this year, was thinking more long-term. Harmison suggests when he gets it right with the ball he can be genuinely quick aswell.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes he has struggled with the bat this year, was thinking more long-term. Harmison suggests when he gets it right with the ball he can be genuinely quick as well.
Said it ages ago, Woakes will end up a batter who bowls, and Stokes a bowler who bats.