• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
that much deflection from that little distance to travel to the pad would have been a thick edge, the kind of edge that would have produced even a front on hotspot, pretty clear that was out IMO.
Im sorry. So what deflected the ball then?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ridiculous reaction from Starc to Trott going under the radar here too btw. Guy needs to drop the agro act cause he just doesn't have the face for it.
So if he has a head like a dropped pie (a la Merv Hughes) it's ok?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This is such a stupid day of cricket. World, there is only so much you should throw in during one day and this is way too ****ing much.
I'm a dribbling mess here, thank **** I'm not drinking.........I think my Plasma would be smashed and in bits on the floor if I was.

Seriously ****ed up day of cricket.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
If he's hit it hard enough to deflect there'll be a ****ing massive hotspot. Hotspot only struggles with really thin edges and that wouldn't have been one of them.
This isn't necessarily true. Didn't the whole vaseline issue start because hotspot didn't show a thick edge once under mysterious circumstances. It isn't the most reliable bit of kit, especially in England.

Woodster

International Captain
Surely Trott got a bit of bat on that! Unless there is camera trickery involved the ball changed direction after it went past the bat and not because of any swing around. Root strangled to a poor delivery down legside, to be fair to Starc he got it spot on the following ball.

English pundits seem in shock!Presumably those predicting a 10-0 hammering beginning to eat their words as early as tea on the second day of the series!

We're far from out of this, but we do really need to show some quality from here on in. KP really got to step up here and see us through to the close with Cooky. This should still be a belting enough batting deck for the rest of today and into tomorrow.