• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Are England deliberately targeting Hughes' leg stump? So many deliveries have been sliding onto the pads so far this morning.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are England deliberately targeting Hughes' leg stump? So many deliveries have been sliding onto the pads so far this morning.
Was always the plan in 09 to cramp him up around leg stump. He used to stay leg side of the ball a lot more. He was very closed off and couldn't score on leg stump at all really. It's part of his game he's really worked on.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Think they've been trying to avoid bowling where Jimmeh just put that last one. Know how fluent he can be outside off, so trying to contain him bowling on his leg-stump. Not overly convinced it's going to work, looks a lot more comfortable playing there than he used to. Get Swanneh on.

Spikey

Derek Pringle ‏@derekpringle 7m
A dreaded sunny day, so I meet you at the cemetery gates, Jimmy and Finny are on my side while Starc is on yours - no swing so far though

gonna be hard to beat that as tweet of the day

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pews getting nervous that the people's champ is just one run behind Visu Sibanda in career runs. Smith is 799th. #lifeoftheparty

King Pietersen

International Captain
Someone smack Finn.
This. Had his success pitching it up. No-one has had any success banging it in, bar the one that hit Broad yesterday, and everytime he bangs it in to Smith he gets hold of it. Surely that should be enough of an indication that you should pitch the bastard up. It's Stuart Broad syndrome. A much better bowler when he pitches it up, but insists on bowling short pies.

Jesus christ Steven Finn. Pitch the ****ing thing up.

Uppercut

Finn's a liability. I really don't believe he can keep mysteriously picking up wickets with **** bowling for the rest of his career.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Game can change quickly but I'm loving Aus right now, Swann probably going to be important in who gets the lead today, Aussie tail will probably be the difference