• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over 23.4: Mackin to Prior, no run, OUT, comes forward and gets a touch to the keeper - England now 3/62

jake doran 1, matt prior 0

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geez Prior just can't buy a run of late.

Starting from the Ashes in England he's had FC scores of 1, 31, 6, 1*, 30, 17, 0, 47, 0*, 23, 16, 6, 4, 26, 0, 4 and now 19.

That's 231 runs from 17 innings at 15.4 with a highest score of only 47. Bagged a pair against NZ in the series prior as well. Barring a very unlikely 06/07-esque domination of England, you'd assume he'd still get the whole series, but after that surely it'd start looking pretty iffy for him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Geez Prior just can't buy a run of late.

Starting from the Ashes in England he's had FC scores of 1, 31, 6, 1*, 30, 17, 0, 47, 0*, 23, 16, 6, 4, 26, 0, 4 and now 19.

That's 231 runs from 17 innings at 15.4 with a highest score of only 47. Bagged a pair against NZ in the series prior as well. Barring a very unlikely 06/07-esque domination of England, you'd assume he'd still get the whole series, but after that surely it'd start looking pretty iffy for him.
#betterthanfinch - Prior is still keeping respectably enough so it would be disappointing to see the vice captain dropped, but yeah he needs some more runs.

Spikey

Paul Newman ‏@newman_cricket 2m
This is getting bad for England now. The 16-year-old keeper Doran snaffles Bell with a tidy catch and the tourists are 149-6

Burgey

I wonder if Engalnd read a bit much of their own press before they came over here. Haven't seemed that up for it so far.

They're a better outfit than this.

flibbertyjibber

The fact that Bairstow batted 7 and Ballance and Stokes were in the top 5 tells me that Bairstow is the least likely to play in Adelaide.

91Jmay

International Coach
Does the idea that runs in this match means a lot in the selection debate worry anyone else? There is a 16 year old keeping. Surely you have to have more of an idea of who you want in the ****ing England team rather than 'whoever goes big at Alice Springs'.

TMS reported that the 16 year old was bowling earlier and got the wicket of Prior, hence my confusion!

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Ballance is the reserve bat and he got runs. The quality of the attack is debatable but he's the only guy who put his hand up. Root getting caught of the back foot forcing to gully will be an issue if he is the one at 3. I'm also guessing Bresnan will come in but they better be sure about his fitness because the AO drop in being a road isn't good news for bowlers. Last thing you need is an injury during the match like we had last year.

Burgey

Not sure about the rest of the attack but Herrick has played a fair bit for Victoria. I'm not sure about his FC record but I think he's pretty decent from the little I've seen of him. I dunno why he isn't playing for Victoria ATM actually.

Spikey

Herrick got his games when Victoria were down some players due to aus selection + injury iirc, and then he got injured and has fallen behind some people (Boland).