• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Compton batted three to get his call up for England anyway, so it's not completely three openers. I think many would like it, none more so than me, but it's not a chance in hell of happening, so meh.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kane Richardson & Alister McDermott out of the warm up, replaced with Jayde Herrick & Simon Mackin (on with chix).

lol

Spikey

well Richardson & McDermott weren't being picked for their state sides when the squad was picked. they are now

Justo

U19 Debutant
Could just be with Cutting and Sayers being rested or w/e QLD and SA requested them back or CA offered Richardson and McDermott for Cutting and Sayers being rested for a potential Perth call up.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be shocked if Robson got anywhere near the team. He's talked about quite a lot about because he was born in australia but I don't think he is or was particularly close to selection to this tour. Eng coaches and selectors like you to play a few lions games and go through the performance squad a couple of times to have a close look at technique and temperament. His first class career has been a bit up and down as well and he needs more consistency.
Well he's got a 50* batting at 3 in the EPP game, and I can't see why he'd be the one to drop down to 3 after making the most runs in the CC last year as an opener. Wouldn't surprise me if Flower/the selectors requested he bat there this game just in case he's required.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Robson ended up retiring out for 102. Probably more importantly Bresnan 57*.

I'm interested in seeing the make up of the England team for the match tomorrow. I would probably play: 1. Carberry 2. Prior 3. Root 4. Ballance 5. Bairstow 6. Stokes 7. Swann 8. Tremlett 9. Finn 10. Rankin 11. Panesar (I'm not too concerned with the batting order for 8-11).

I feel as though these are the players that need more Cricket compared to Cook, Bell, KP, Broad and Anderson. I've included Swann because he hasn't done much in Australian conditions and it would be good to see how he goes in tandem with Panesar. Prior needs some runs so give him a chance up top.

benchmark00

Should've made the ****s play in Mount Thomas, see how they would have dealt with being in a town with a crime rate much scarier than any Mitchell Johnson short ball.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robson ended up retiring out for 102. Probably more importantly Bresnan 57*.

I'm interested in seeing the make up of the England team for the match tomorrow. I would probably play: 1. Carberry 2. Prior 3. Root 4. Ballance 5. Bairstow 6. Stokes 7. Swann 8. Tremlett 9. Finn 10. Rankin 11. Panesar (I'm not too concerned with the batting order for 8-11).

I feel as though these are the players that need more Cricket compared to Cook, Bell, KP, Broad and Anderson. I've included Swann because he hasn't done much in Australian conditions and it would be good to see how he goes in tandem with Panesar. Prior needs some runs so give him a chance up top.
Anderson's not done much tbf, they'll probably be keen to give him more overs.