• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hmmm, which definition on urban dictionary are you referring to when you say I have to stop doubling down?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Still tasting it :laugh:
Pipe down, I remember you claiming Mominul Haque was a bad selection for the NZ series and look what happened :p

In any case I don't particularly see how Nuffers should be tasting - it seems to me he was being cynical about the selection panel rather than saying Neville wasn't a good player.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pipe down, I remember you claiming Mominul Haque was a bad selection for the NZ series and look what happened :p
I taste **** all the time. I didn't even mention I thought it was a bad selection until after he made the ton; I never hide from a tasting. :p

In any case I don't particularly see how Nuffers should be tasting - it seems to me he was being cynical about the selection panel rather than saying Neville wasn't a good player.
Nah I think he really just doesn't rate him at all.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Anderson, Broad and Swann it is then. may as well send the rest home and wait for Bresnan to get fit. Only joking, no idea who will get the nod as third seamer though Clarke thinks it will be Tremlett, who does he think he is Jose Mourinho?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tremlett left out. Rankin v Finn head to head.

I get the feeling Tredwell didn't include Murali in that because he's not a traditional offspinner and hence incomparable. There is also a clear bias to what he's seen...
Tredders mentioned Mallett, didn't he?

As Ashley retired before Tredwell was born one has doubts over how much of him he saw.

Mallett talks a good fight tho. Maybe the bald Laker reads his cricinfo articles?

Anyway, no Tremmers is interesting. Struggle to believe he was that toilet in the A game to have dropped out of contention altogether, given he probably bowled about a dozen overs, so is his spot in the Gabbatoir XI nailed on?

Looks as if Finn & Rankin not advancing their cases much on day one, anyway. Finn in his default "shyte avec spawny wickets" mode, judging by his figures.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah I think he really just doesn't rate him at all.
It's not exactly the case. I just think that when Haddin retires the selectors will probably look at the usual suspects in Paine and Wade once again and Nevill is not going to get a chance in the shorter formats for Australia to get selectors excited about his Test prospects.which potentially helps one of the younger guys prospects. As it stands, I'm not against Haddin staying as Test keeper, but I do feel as though we need to blood someone else in ODIs and T20 urgently.

The batting ability of keepers and the number of respectable keepers around the states is reasonably high at the moment. None of Nevill, Dunk, Pearson, Triffitt, Handscomb or Carters are their states first choice keepers so basically I just didn't consider Peter Nevill "Closer to the Australian team than you might think".

91Jmay

International Coach
In many ways its better that we had 90 overs in the field rather than rolling them in 40 or so, need a proper 4 day game not a rout. From what i've seen Broad was excellent, Rankin ok first spell and Finn dross.

adub

International Captain
Beautiful sunny day in Sydney. Perfect tasting weather.

Sometimes the anticipation of a tasting is better than the final taste, wouldn't you agree N00000f?

Spikey

Over 90.1: Broad to Carters, no run, OUT, gone first ball, well beaten and takes a thin edge to a length delivery ending a fine innings

should have slog swept

Spikey

jim maxwell ‏@jimmaxcricket 38s

Carters nicked first ball of the day. looked like NB on the front foot but save it fo the test matches 6/271