• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah where is pup11 these days. I think Finch is a great option for T20 but even in ODIs I have a question marks over his ability - not that concerned with him in our team though.

I wonder if Finch would have made the Vic team today? I doubt it really, he may have ended up being 12th man. It would be annoying for NSW that they weren't able to blood a young talented batsman who they may need soon when Warner, Smith and Haddin are out of the team.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His ODI spot seriously needs to be under threat now though. He's now had 17 games against serious opposition (ie. not Scotland) and despite getting to bat at the top of the order in all of them and 6 of them actually coming in the most batting-friendly series in the history of ODI cricket against a poor new ball attack, he still only averages 22. He's just seriously dining out on that one T20 knock against England.. and probably that ODI knock against Scotland too for some reason, as if David Dawson's runs in Sydney grade cricket didn't count for as much as that.

His ODI career has actually been even worse than his First Class career thus far IMO which is what makes the fact that he was seemingly in the Test frame "on the back of ODI success despite poor Shield returns" just absurd.
Truly preposterous that a guy who shouldn't even be in the Victorian state side has been mentioned as having a chance to play tests this season

And all because Inverarity treats him like a love child and gets support from people like Mark Taylor who basically admit that they don't watch any cricket unless they are commentating

adub

International Captain
It would be annoying for NSW that they weren't able to blood a young talented batsman who they may need soon when Warner, Smith and Haddin are out of the team.
Nah. Henry moves up to open with Mad Dog (and both need to start converting starts). The Rohrer Test, The Real KP, Fui, The Great and Wonderful Nev at 3,4,5 & 6 with Carters backing up. They're all getting game time and we know what Dawson offers.

adub

International Captain
Truly preposterous that a guy who shouldn't even be in the Victorian state side has been mentioned as having a chance to play tests this season

And all because Inverarity treats him like a love child and gets support from people like Mark Taylor who basically admit that they don't watch any cricket unless they are commentating
Did Warney give him a wrap?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah. Henry moves up to open with Mad Dog (and both need to start converting starts). The Rohrer Test, The Real KP, Fui, The Great and Wonderful Nev at 3,4,5 & 6 with Carters backing up. They're all getting game time and we know what Dawson offers.
Oh yeah I forgot 4 genuine batsman is enough. Still, you'd rather see a Daniel Hughes or a Harry Conway being tested by Broad, Rankin, Finn and Swann instead of "Look. He scored Arun Finch". I have to thank WA's sponsor for that full stop idea.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh yeah I forgot 4 genuine batsman is enough. Still, you'd rather see a Daniel Hughes or a Harry Conway being tested by Broad, Rankin, Finn and Swann instead of "Look. He scored Arun Finch". I have to thank WA's sponsor for that full stop idea.
It's not a NSW team at all anymore though; we'd have a gripe if we did have to play these ****s in our side but our game - which is a game none of the other states were going to get anyway - has been cancelled and replaced by this game played by the Invitational XI, of which we're lucky enough to supply more fringe players to than any other state. We've done okay out of it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah would have been nice to see daniel hughes play. (but then that could have happened had we played rohrer or KP with the big team, as we probably should have)

as i said the other day though, nsw tried to sign finch during the off-season so they probably really didn't mind him being sent over

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's not a NSW team at all anymore though; we'd have a gripe if we did have to play these ****s in our side but our game - which is a game none of the other states were going to get anyway - has been cancelled and replaced by this game played by the Invitational XI, of which we're lucky enough to supply more fringe players to than any other state. We've done okay out of it.
Last time I ever say something to benefit NSW. **** :)

Where do you think Harry Conway bats?
One leg either side of the crease.

adub

International Captain
Daniel Hughes you can maybe make an argument for. Maybe. But the **** needs to actually score some ****ing runs.

Carters and Dawson are ahead of him so we'd be pretty well ****ed anyway if we're scraping the barrell so much as to call Hughes up.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the boy hughes looked alright in his fc debut + scored a ton for the 2nd xi the other week + scored a ton in grade last week. would be ahead of dawson without doubt

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Daniel Hughes you can maybe make an argument for. Maybe. But the **** needs to actually score some ****ing runs.

Carters and Dawson are ahead of him so we'd be pretty well ****ed anyway if we're scraping the barrell so much as to call Hughes up.
Hard to make runs when you aren't picking him.

Hey n00fers.

If Nev makes a hundred today, how far off national selection is he?
He would be getting warmer and belonging in the discussion especially if he faces a fired up Broad and Swann and doesn't just face pies from Finn or something.

the boy hughes looked alright in his fc debut + scored a ton for the 2nd xi the other week + scored a ton in grade last week. would be ahead of dawson without doubt
Exactly.