• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Riggins

International Captain
Trott's such a strange case. Fields almost exclusively at either first slip or fine leg. Often alternating between them one over to the next.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much like Ashley Giles, a good close catcher but a liability anywhere else. That run out at Adelaide was ridiculous as it was him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Bairstow will be lucky to get this oppertunity, I'd still pick a half fit, underdone Prior over him.. So Bairstow at 6 for Brisbane then..

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Curious that Bairstow didn't keep wicket today even though Australia A said he could
Shouldn't have anything to do with Australia A:
Law 2.2 said:
Objection to substitutes - The opposing captain shall have no right of objection to any player acting as a substitute on the field, nor as to where the substitute shall field. However, no substitute shall act as wicketkeeper

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably would've seen the match stripped of FC status.

Classic Cook being selfish and not wanting to lose his century :ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

Is Prior's injury that bad? Thought it was just a bit of tightness.
The thing is if it is tight and then he played next week and did more damage he would be out and JB would have to play with no matches on tour.

I hope it was just being over cautious and if it was a test he'd have been out there but you never can tell.

91Jmay

International Coach
Thought Tremlett looked good, so did Jimmy. Broad utter ****e, needs another warm up game for my money. Prior injury annoying as he could do with another bat. KP needs runs, Swann/Broad need more overs but apart from that preparations not going to badly.

Woodster

International Captain
Only saw the highlights of the fourth day's play and there did seem some positivity regarding Tremlett's eight overs. From what it showed on the highlights he looked fairly innocuous, economical but well down on pace, is that a bit unfair ?

Burgey

As I exclusively predicted before the match began, although a very weak Aus A side, it was more than capable of seeing off this England outfit.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Probably would've seen the match stripped of FC status.

Classic Cook being selfish and not wanting to lose his century :ph34r:
I don't think it would, actually - there's been a couple of times where substitutes have come on to keep wickets in Test matches. Pretty sure in one game, England used 4 different 'keepers, of whom only 2 were in the actual XI.

So they theoretically could have used Bairstow, and nobody would really have cared. Even Andy Flower could have come out to don the gloves. Maybe they wanted to see how Root went in case Prior goes down mid-Test?

I'd be playing Bairstow in the next tour match, with the gloves, just in case.

Daemon

Only saw the highlights of the fourth day's play and there did seem some positivity regarding Tremlett's eight overs. From what it showed on the highlights he looked fairly innocuous, economical but well down on pace, is that a bit unfair ?
He was troubling Klinger in particular early on and was bowling fairly accurately. Definitely down on pace, though admittedly the last time I watched the tremminator was ages ago.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How did D00lers D00lan bat?

***y.

Seriously satisfying batsman to watch, I just love his drives. Anderson delivery to dismiss him was a concern though, just like Martin Love they lack footwork so are prone to beig dismissed bowled between bat and pad or lbw.

Btw I had a bet on Doolan top scoring in the first innings, first Swann wicket I've ever celebrated when he had Klinger out for 29. Don't think I've been paid yet though..

Daemon

***y.

Seriously satisfying batsman to watch, I just love his drives. Anderson delivery to dismiss him was a concern though, just like Martin Love they lack footwork so are prone to beig dismissed bowled between bat and pad or lbw.
It wasn't a lack of footwork that got him there imo, he just wasn't able to adjust to the movement in time. Or something. Was a peach from Anderson really.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
***y.

Btw I had a bet on Doolan top scoring in the first innings, first Swann wicket I've ever celebrated when he had Klinger out for 29. Don't think I've been paid yet though..
He looked good. Nice positive batting. Good ball to dismiss him. Anderson can sometimes be too good to survive, not exactly easy to tell when that inswinger is coming.

adub

International Captain
Cricket Australia (CA) has announced an Invitational XI to face England at the Sydney Cricket Ground from 13-16 November.

The Cricket Australia Invitational XI is:

Ed Cowan (Tasmania)
Aaron Finch (Victoria)
Callum Ferguson (South Australia)
Adam Voges (Western Australia)
Ben Rohrer (New South Wales)
Ryan Carters (New South Wales)
Peter Nevill (New South Wales) - Captain
Stephen O’Keefe (New South Wales)
Josh Lalor (New South Wales)
Chris Tremain (New South Wales)
Nic Bills (New South Wales)

Coach: Geoff Lawson (New South Wales)

adub

International Captain
Finch :laugh:

Will be interesting to see if Bills, Lalor and Tremain can make any impact.

Hoping SOK can keep his good work going so that it can continue to be ignored. Would much rather he and Rohrer were playing Qld because without Pup and with Dougy and Haze having minor niggles we could be quite short.