• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

adub

International Captain
Good to see horsehead getting a ton batting at 3. I think skidders is getting a bit ahead of himself thinking he'll feature this summer, but fingers crossed he has a massive Shield season because he does look like he could be high quality.

U19 12th Man
Going to be an old fashioned Australian summer this year. Hot and dry, no swing, fast wickets. England hasn't played in these conditions since 2007, bar Perth. Will have a big bearing on the series, as it did in 2010-11 when the 100 year floods, snow and oscillation events produced almost a second winter. Cool, swing friendly with a lot of rain around. Slower decks, lower bounce.

South Africa struggled down here last year. It will be a tight contest I reckon.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Going to be an old fashioned Australian summer this year. Hot and dry, no swing, fast wickets. England hasn't played in these conditions since 2007, bar Perth. Will have a big bearing on the series, as it did in 2010-11 when the 100 year floods, snow and oscillation events produced almost a second winter. Cool, swing friendly with a lot of rain around. Slower decks, lower bounce.

South Africa struggled down here last year. It will be a tight contest I reckon.
Yeah I've been thinking about this too. For all the talk of "green wickets", Australian Test wickets have always been climate-dependant more than anything else, not to mention the affect of the weather during the match. We're in for a hot, dry summer as you said so I don't think we'll be seeing much green around - just hard, bouncy wickets with sideways movement hard to come by. It may actually mean some turn at Sydney and Adelaide (if the new drop in is anything like the old pitch) but that aside I think it'll actually suit Australia a lot more than the supposedly green wickets we were going to see.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought you said yesterday he's "deep in the series".

Not balls deep, just deep.
Yeah deep as in he'll come under some consideration if, which I am predicting, he has a good summer.

He won't play though. In the test series anyway.

Burgey

Yeah, you'd think he would need a few injuries to have any shot at all. Was really impressed with his knock the other day. Timed it sweet, like a laaaaaaadddddyyyyyyyy.

Daemon

Ah, they've declared. Cricinfo too slow. Though the numbers on the back of their shirts should've been my first clue, along with the yellow helmet on short leg :p

Last edited: