• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

91Jmay

International Coach
Ballance goes to his century with a six off Smitteh. Then out the next ball. He did for Buttler as well. :laugh: as if he is a first class player good enough for the Lions.

FBU

International Debutant
Ballance and Ali playing well. Sounds like Lyon and Agar are making the 1st and second test selections look even more ridiculous. I can't remember an England side with this many lefties in it though!
England1-6 left handers. 15 if you include both teams.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
lol,just looked at the highlights, Smitteh's wickets were the worse wickets imaginable, Ballance's was just as bad as the Rogers full toss off Swann

BoyBrumby

Englishman
decent day in the end, Starceh would have hoped for a few more wickets though
Wanton Road is about as close to a bunsen as you get over here (not coincidence that both Swann and Panesar started their careers at Northants) and with the summer we've had and all the seamers shouldn't beat themselves up too much.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wanton Road is about as close to a bunsen as you get over here (not coincidence that both Swann and Panesar started their careers at Northants) and with the summer we've had and all the seamers shouldn't beat themselves up too much.
Hadn't realised it was being played there - Kegga has a real chance to stake a claim - that Irishman best give him a long bowl, else he'll be off my Christmas card list

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Really? Northants are second in division 2 and yet spinners have only taken 7 wickets for them this season. No idea how the wicket is playing in this game but don't think generally Northampton has turned that much this summer.

Anyway Ballance really starting to pile on the pressure on his yorkshire colleague.

fredfertang

Really? Northants are second in division 2 and yet spinners have only taken 7 wickets for them this season. No idea how the wicket is playing in this game but don't think generally Northampton has turned that much this summer.

Anyway Ballance really starting to pile on the pressure on his yorkshire colleague.
Kegga took 7-63 there recently

With all the money the ICC have I wish they'd use a bit of it to bring about a situation where Ballance throws in his lot with the country of his birth, as they should have done with Graeme Hick

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Kegga took 7-63 there recently

With all the money the ICC have I wish they'd use a bit of it to bring about a situation where Ballance throws in his lot with the country of his birth, as they should have done with Graeme Hick
Yes but Kerrigan is no ordinary bowler.

Can;t think in a million years that Ballance would ever want to go and play from Zimbabwe. Rigged elections, persecutions of whites, economic disaster..... and all.

fredfertang

Can;t think in a million years that Ballance would ever want to go and play from Zimbabwe. Rigged elections, persecutions of whites, economic disaster..... and all.
I'm sure he wouldn't, as Hick didn't, but that doesn't alter the fact he ought to, and that it's a crying shame he won't - lest I left any room for doubt I must stress I make no criticism of him whatsoever

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
More ****ing rain? Are you kidding me? can an english fan tell me what the weather is likely to do today, seriously don't trust the internet given what I've seen throughout the ashes/CT.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nathan Lyon gets a hug from Steven Smith after claiming one of his four wickets on the first day of Australia's tour match in Northampton
The caption leaves leaves a lot to be desired as well

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well he'd certainly be a lot more useful to Zimbabwe than to England. So for those who'd like to see them get as much of a leg up as possible to challenge the top sides he does seem like a missed opportunity.

That said I'm not sure it's fair to say that he's the sort of player Zimbabwe could have if they got their **** together, because the county system has played a huge role in his development. He played for Derbyshire at 16 and went to Yorkshire's academy at 17.

@marcuss

Last edited: