• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Riggins

International Captain
“We were actually surprised with how much it did swing here .. even for James Faulkner,” Starc also doesn't seem to rate forkers.

91Jmay

International Coach
1. Alex Lees 2. Luke Wells 3. Moeen Ali 4. Gary Ballance 5. Eoin Morgan 6. Ben Stokes 7. Jos Buttler 8. Keith Barker 9. Liam Plunkett 10. James Harris 11. Simon Kerrigan

It's an ok team, as I said in the CC thread I am disappointed that Chopra isn't in the squad. Whilst Lees is a massive talent, he is 19 and this is a step to soon IMO. Buttler is clearly a selectors favorite, but its silly he has got picked ahead of Davies as to me as he isn't close to the him in any regard in first class terms. No real complaints about the bowlers, although Jordan/Willey can rightly feel hard done by.

Are they playing one innings per side?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lyon gets Morgan out cheaply, thus passing the most basic requirement for a Test standard spinner
Remember when half the forum thought Morgan should be an automatic selection for England's tour of the UAE because he was supposedly amongst the country's best three players of spin? That was amusing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
To be fair to him he had hit a ton against Pakistan which mostly came after the quicks were bowling and against Danish Kaneria. So in the absence of other evidence it wasn't an appalling opinion, just spurious and overly hopeful.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, he averaged over 100 against the twirlers before the series. Had never really been tested against a lot of high quality spin in tough conditions though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ballance and Ali playing well. Sounds like Lyon and Agar are making the 1st and second test selections look even more ridiculous. I can't remember an England side with this many lefties in it though!

Last edited: