• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it only makes sense that australian cricket finally decides to pick a spinner for a test match before he's even made his FC deut

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Absolute disgrace picking a guy with no first class experience. If they needed a spinner, give Boyce or Rose an opportunity or fly over someone from the A squad who didn't make the XI like Maddinson.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Peter Taylor got a mention in the other thread so I think its fine to ask: Ashton who?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I highly doubt Turner is going to be an Ashes bolter or anything, this is probably just a developmental thing, just to see where he is at, he was probably the pick of the bowlers in that warm-up game against Sri Lanka at Canberra in December though.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolute disgrace picking a guy with no first class experience. If they needed a spinner, give Boyce or Rose an opportunity or fly over someone from the A squad who didn't make the XI like Maddinson.
Boyce is rubbish, Fawad is the best wrist-spinner in Australia and Zampa is probably second, Rose is also very inexperienced, don't see why he would be a better choice, SOK would've been if they could be bothered flying him over.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Boyce is rubbish, Fawad is the best wrist-spinner in Australia and Zampa is probably second, Rose is also very inexperienced, don't see why he would be a better choice, SOK would've been if they could be bothered flying him over.
I meant to include Zampa along with Rose and Boyce. I never said Boyce was good btw. Basically, I just think it is so stupid to pick a guy to represent Australia in a first class match who has played a grand total of zero first class matches. End of the day though, they figure Ashton Who? is a better selection over Chris Rogers who just got out to two pathetic pieces of batting and could do with some time out in the middle.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
why the **** are dud ****s like Finch, Marsh and the Big Show playing ahead of young ****s with potential like Maddinson? not to mention the fact hes from NSW and these other ****s are from baron wastelands like victoria

ps warner forever watson never

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I meant to include Zampa along with Rose and Boyce. I never said Boyce was good btw. Basically, I just think it is so stupid to pick a guy to represent Australia in a first class match who has played a grand total of zero first class matches. End of the day though, they figure Ashton Who? is a better selection over Chris Rogers who just got out to two pathetic pieces of batting and could do with some time out in the middle.
Why would you give an opener with 2 fails a bat. Clearly the better solution is to hangout holding Twattos hand.