• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
This one also reminds me of Finn being dropped for Tremlett in the last Ashes, despite the former's decent figures. That was a brave decision rather than working on the basis that Finn had 'done enough' at that stage.

I do have some sympathy for Compton though. I suspect that he's less than impressed that he's been overtaken in the pecking order for a middle order place whilst having to play all of his test matches as an opener. It maybe won't be the end of his test career. Given KP's fitness and maybe his appetite for all this after the winter, Bell's unconvincing form for most of the last 18 months and the fact that Bairstow is barely proven, there may well be a vacancy in the middle order at some point in the next 12 months.
I don't think they'd pick Compton as anything other than an opener though. Meaning that if someone gets injured they'll likely shuffle someone like Taylor in at 6 rather than change the openers.

As obviously Cook will keep his place even through a very lean time his only real hope of getting back in is Root to have a nightmare ala Phil Hughes in 09. I will laugh if he gets a hundred against the Aussies.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
iirc one of the matches from scotland was streamed. one day the english will catch the scots i guess.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
breaking news: Clarke announces an opening position spill. The person who registers the lowest score out of Watson/Cowan will retire immediately

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matt Cenin ‏@Matt_Cenin 1m
#SomvAus Watson Cowan Khawaja Clarke Hughes Faulkner Haddin Siddle Starc Pattinson Lyon Smith (12th)

So Clarke at 4...?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Australia are batting FTR.

Somerset team: ME Trescothick*, NRD Compton, CR Jones, JC Hildreth, C Kieswetter, AWR Barrow†, PD Trego, CAJ Meschede, GH Dockrell, J Overton, GM Hussain

Riggins

International Captain
Watson Cowan Khawaja Clarke Hughes Faulkner Haddin

So Clarke at 4...?
Wouldn't it be watson, cowan, hughes, khawaja, clarke, rad/faulkner ?

I guess clarke will just bat wherever he's gonna bat in the tests.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
My cricinfo seems to be working OK, unless Tresco and Compton have decided to help out the ailing Aussie batting under 13's style :P

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Haddin with a poor bit of keeping already. #BringBackWade

My cricinfo seems to be working OK, unless Tresco and Compton have decided to help out the ailing Aussie batting under 13's style :P
It said before they started that Australia had won the toss and elected to bat. Hence my confusion.