• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I've seen one ball from Saj, and it was that full toss just there. Scary to think he was playing in the last Ashes series we've lost.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Must be so daunting for the young leggie. First ball he bowls to KP is perfectly fine, and still goes for four.

Oh, nearly caught and bowled the next ball. Going to be a good battle this.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I liked the celebration from the young man. Getting KP out on live TV, no big deal.

Gets Bell now, good catch.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gives it a decent rip, the young fella. Very Warnesque action with the way his right foot is ****ed upwards on delivery.

Nice drift into the right hander too.

Always get a little moist when I see an English leggie with something about him.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The presence of Onions in this match might yet make selection interesting if he clearly out-bowls Finn.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a meh day really. Have to say that Essex do have two young players to keep an eye on, about the only thing to take from the day really.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bresnan bowls anything like then this knock might get him the nod.
Especially if Broad isn't 100% fit. I tend to see it as Broad vs Bres and Finn vs Onions. Although Bres could conceivably play ahead of Finn & Onions, whereas Onions couldn't play ahead of Broad and Bres.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think Broad will be fine. They said if this was a test match he would've played, and it was nothing but a precaution.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent innings from Swann, but he started playing sensibly after awhile, which was no fun.