• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's not really erred in terms of line has he. He's just dropped two short which Cook has hit for 7 and then Root edged/ran one down wide of the slips.

Woodster

International Captain
To be fair Mills has had a meteoric rise in a short space of time, in an article he wrote this week he said he went from never having played a game of cricket to making his debut for England Lions in the space of five years. It is clear he plenty of work to do but he has the raw skills to go a fair way. Will also be interesting to see how his 2nd, 3rd and 4th spells go over the course of a day or two.

Just nicked out the England skipper too! Loose ish shot from Cook mind, but prize scalp for the young paceman!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair Mills has had a meteoric rise in a short space of time, in an article he wrote this week he said he went from never having played a game of cricket to making his debut for England Lions in the space of five years. It is clear he plenty of work to do but he has the raw skills to go a fair way. Will also be interesting to see how his 2nd, 3rd and 4th spells go over the course of a day or two.

Just nicked out the England skipper too! Loose ish shot from Cook mind, but prize scalp for the young paceman!
Oh, didn't know he'd started the game late. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh then because he's been carted so much this season. Raw skills are certainly there. It was one of the reasons I was annoyed at Essex signing Saj though. Much rather Mills, Topley or even Chambers got game-time rather than that bloke.

Woodster

International Captain
Mills really giving Trott the 'hurry up' in that over. Not often Trott missing out when it's at his pads but twice it thudded into his front pad/thigh pad, seemingly just a bit too quick onto him. I'm sure he will become attuned to the pace, he's also having a couple of issues with the screen that may not help.

England have got away to a fairly lively start in terms of run rate, just hope they don't try and play too many shots here, I'm sure Trott won't, this Essex attack needs to be respected especially early on here.

Woodster

International Captain
Oh, didn't know he'd started the game late. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh then because he's been carted so much this season. Raw skills are certainly there. It was one of the reasons I was annoyed at Essex signing Saj though. Much rather Mills, Topley or even Chambers got game-time rather than that bloke.
Yes you can see why he does go for runs, don't think he'll be getting hit back over his head for six too often mind. If he is bowling straight up and down you're not going to need much bat on it to see it whizzing to the boundary, but he looks like he will take wickets, bowling some serious gas here today.

Yes I think the Saj signing just allows a little more rotation throughout the season in all formats with Mills still a work in progress, Topley not available all season and trying to give rest time for Masters and Napier who get through an almighty amount of work in a season. Essex also lost Charl Willoughby, now whether Saj was the right man to bring in is questionable, but I think a paceman did have to come in without hindering the progress of Topley, Mills, Chambers, etc.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
They showed a graphic of the fastest bowlers recorded on sky this year and Mills was top, the likes of Overton, Wood(Durham) and Matt Dunn were up over 90 as well so good to see young guys in there

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
94 mph in that over, that really is properly fast.
Scrap what I said before, you can bounce anyone at that pace. These two in tandem looks a very rough prospect indeed. Shame Napier and Topley had to miss out as they would have really kept the pressure on.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit I thought Mills was older than 20, maybe I was a bit harsh comparing to Rooster. If he has a cricket brain and stays fit he may be a real prospect in a couple of years time.

Woodster

International Captain
Saj is remodelling himself as a wily, medium-paced away swinger, in the ilk of a Mark Ealham!!Without the accuracy of course.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Mills definitely the quickest bowler this season in terms of average speed and quickest speed. A few have reached 90mph but Mills was regularly around 89 and 90mph. A problem I can see is like this wicket there are a load of really slow low wickets in the second division. Glos, Worcs, Glam are desperately slow most of the time.

Can see why Master is so succesful- makes the batsman play nearly every delivery wicket to wicket.

Woodster

International Captain
Mills definitely the quickest bowler this season in terms of average speed and quickest speed. A few have reached 90mph but Mills was regularly around 89 and 90mph. A problem I can see is like this wicket there are a load of really slow low wickets in the second division. Glos, Worcs, Glam are desperately slow most of the time.

Can see why Master is so succesful- makes the batsman play nearly every delivery wicket to wicket.
Yes throw in a bit more nibble off the seam that he will generally get on lesser batsman-friendly pitches and he can be a real handful.

Woodster

International Captain
Bob Willis really liking the look of Tymal Mills here, literally. "can see his muscles bulging in that short sleeved short" and also impressed with his big strong legs. A very impressive physical specimen according to Bob, a cold shower needed for a man that does not generally get excited too easily.