• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Onions must've keyed Dusty's car or something.

Unless he actually loses a leg I think Bres is nailed on for Adelaide.

Unless the selectors get funkeh and play Stokes and Monty in a five man attack. Which sounds so insane we'll probably do it.
Have to agree with you there. The only way Finn or Rankin were going to push their claim was with a big eye-catching performance against what is, basically, a state 2nd XI. Ballance will probably come into the side and bat at 6, with Root moving up to 3. If I were a selector, I might be keeping a close eye on how Moeen Ali does in the EPP games. Solid middle-order batsman, but i'm unsure whether he can handle test level.

My guess for Adelaide would be: Cook*, Carberry, Root, KP, Bell, Ballance, Prior+, Bresnan, Broad, Swann, Anderson. It's a crying shame that Onions isn't on the tour, as I think the bowling would be much stronger with him in the side.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The problem with Onions is that for all his success in county cricket, particularly on very helpful home wicket, his overseas record for England is ****e. 14 wickets at nearly 55 in 12 games isn't just a flash in the pan either.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The problem with Onions is that for all his success in county cricket, particularly on very helpful home wicket, his overseas record for England is ****e. 14 wickets at nearly 55 in 12 games isn't just a flash in the pan either.
But then what are you saying to the players who, after having not done that well earlier, kill it on the domestic circuit and then get left behind for some toothless Tremlett tranny?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But then what are you saying to the players who, after having not done that well earlier, kill it on the domestic circuit and then get left behind for some toothless Tremlett tranny?
Yea but Warwickshire boy hates Onions. You know that episode of the Simpsons where Bart tries to teach Santa's Little Helper obedience and all the dog can hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah sit blah blah blah. That's what marc is reading whenever you say anything about Onions which doesn't involve foaming at the mouth, teeth clenching, ear steaming hate of the guy.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tremlett was innocuous and stats say that Onions might be the same. The only problem with playing Bres is how fit is he? Is he up for chasing leather and bowling lots for days if someone (Clarke) gets in on a road

uvelocity

International Coach
Yea but scrabble boy loves Onions. You know that episode of the Simpsons where Bart tries to teach Santa's Little Helper obedience and all the dog can hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah sit blah blah blah. That's what scaly is reading whenever you say anything about Onions which doesn't involve knee wobbling, eye popping, jeans creaming mancrush on the guy.
eofys

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Can't be worse than what Finn, Rankin and Tremlett have offered up this series so far. Those 3 have been awful in just about every game they've played in!