• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Combined XI

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haddin won't even play in all likelihood. Very strange how most Aus fans appear to have gotten over the atrocious last year he had in Tests, when many of them were hounding him out of the side.
That was before I knew how bad Wade was, tbf.

And given he's the VC I assumed he was a certainty for the Tests?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haddin won't even play in all likelihood. Very strange how most Aus fans appear to have gotten over the atrocious last year he had in Tests, when many of them were hounding him out of the side.
He'll play for sure, barring injury.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
He'll play every test he's fit for. Otherwise they have selected him as a fill in captain in case Clarke gets injured. In which case they'd have been better off selecting Bailey as Haddin is pretty old.

I still think Haddin is probably one of the best 6 bats in the country, which is kind of sad.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that was an interesting discussion.

The only time the two have come into direct competition in a series, on Harris' home turf no less, Tremlett did better. Its not as cut and dry as you believe.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Well that was an interesting discussion.

The only time the two have come into direct competition in a series, on Harris' home turf no less, Tremlett did better. Its not as cut and dry as you believe.
No. Harris was injured in melbourne and outbowled him in perth. Also did you actually watch the Australian batsman?

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
And did you watch Tremlett? Was the best bowler from either side throughout the series.

Valer

First Class Debutant
? We've established that Harris outbowled him in the only test he actually was fit and played. I don't see how the rest of the series is more important than general records.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
My general point is that you seem to be misjudging Tremlett's ability in relation to Harris'. I was taking the whole series into account because they both played three matches, in which Tremlett showed greater skill over the course of his matches than Harris did, on this occasion. The two can certainly be talked about in the same breath, and this is only one example of why.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Roadelaide and his very injury affected melbourne seem like good comparison tests... Also No. Harris has show his ability on pitches of all types, has done better in the only actual head to head since you want to bring it up. And has a far superior overall record.

eta on the above, I feel it needs to be mentioned that you can either look at that series as England batting very well (compariatively), bowling very well or both. I'd suggest its more of the former given the way both bowling attacks have gone since.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
I'm actually a big Tremlett fan. But Rhino is better. Massive loss for both sides that they've had so many injuries though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The players I think will do well (presented as a combined XI):

Cook
Watson
Rogers
KP
Clarke
Root
Prior (wk)
Swann
Starc