Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Forumer's Ashes

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    God I'm awesome
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International 12th Man weeman27bob's Avatar
    Myheat WAG.

Bit disappointing in our innings though.

#stranded

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    #stranded
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Where's the FC match for Australia? I need to turn up for Sussex and play alongside Goodwin. (this is ICC 2011 right)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    a regular Forumer's World Cup this

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    a regular Forumer's World Cup this
    A regular CW simulation competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

i finally make a more-than-pathetic score and it dies. wac
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Technical difficulties. Related to being on a boat all week where there was free wifi as promised, but it wasn't actually connected to anything.

Did expect someone to notice I hadn't posted all week but hey

Day Three

Force got off to a perfect start on the third day, breaking the sixth wicket stand as Haddin edged his third ball to slip. Myheart's start was less successful as he dropped a return take off Wayne, but nonetheless came back strongly to get his edge in the next over. Spark was now the key wicket - and Force removed him as well, lbw for 45. The tail crumpled under the pace onslaught, and Australia were all out for 258.

In the 45 minutes before lunch England's stoic openers remained unbeaten, the only highlight of the period being Suifdadny's dropping of a genuine dolly off his own bowling, missing the chance to dismiss Pickup for 5. They were 24/0, a lead of 159.

When the lead reached 165/0, first innings hero Lewis was turned to, and once again he made the breakthrough, Pickup departing for 18. Moody's aggressive 15 was also brought to its early end by the offspinner, and when Suifdadny found Fertang's edge for 20 England found themselves collapsing once again. Lewis' third wicket was Wood, out for 18 when he spooned a full toss to cover, and England were 85/4 - although with a lead of 220.

Robertson was on 9 when he edged Wayne's wrong-un to Super at silly mid on, only for another straightforward chance to go down. He was able to cling on until tea against the spinners, with Ardley also proving stalwart in defence. But with the lead approaching the 250 mark, Suifdadny struck. First he removed Ardley with an edge to gully, and then Deen completed a poor match with the bat as he was out for 3.

From effectively 252/6, Australia had a way in. But Robertson and Smythington-Smythe resumed their stand, only this time the latter was willing to play his shots. Their half century partnership eased English nerves and pushed the chase needed past 300. The visitors would be up against it from here.

Day Four

Smithington-Smythe was in no mood to hang around and reached his half-century within half an hour of play. He was out lbw to Player for 64, but had pushed England's score past 200. While Robertson remained patient, Wayne kept up his knack for dismissing bowlers with two wickets in two balls. Robertson was the last man out when he was run-out for a hard-earned 46, and Australia were set 376 to win.

Though Australia's openers had forged a steady start either side of the lunch break, Lewis gifted England the breakthrough when he ran Burridge out for 20. He failed to make up for it with the bat, edging Smithington-Smythe to slip for 18 in the same over.

The seamer was to strike again when Super nicked him behind, and when Myheart dismissed Loblaw in the same fashion the chase was in tatters at 70/4. Spark and Monk responded aggressively to get the away side past the 100 mark before tea, and the pair continued to defy the seamers after the break as both raised their fifties.

Suddenly, the chase was back on. The England attack found no way through as Monk marched towards his century and Spark hit a brace of sixes off Furball. A 120-run session ensured that any result could be achieved on the final day, with England needing six wickets and Australia requiring a further 149 runs.

Day Five

The first over of the day - bowled by Force - yielded 14 runs. That was the story of the first hour as both batsmen completed their tons, and brought the runs required down into double figures, still with 6 wickets to get them.

Furball got the breakthrough, bowling Spark for 106, and in the very next over the leggie got rid of Haddin for a duck. At 281/6 the match was back in the balance - and Furball was about to put England on the precipice. Two balls after dismissing Haddin, Wayne was gone for 0, bowled. Next ball, Suifdadny nicks him behind. 281/8, and there were still 95 runs needed.

Monk was there on 122. He was going to have to bring Australia there himself - and for a moment it looked like he could, as Myheart dropped a chance for Furball to remove him, followed by a four next ball. But at the other end Smithington-Smythe got the big one, trapped lbw. Two overs later the allrounder had Player, caught and bowled, and England had levelled the series.

England won by 85 runs

Man of the Match: Neil Pickup

Well everyone knows performing in the pre-series warm ups is what counts

losing 6/9 with 85 to get holy hell

I did something!

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information