Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Forumer's Ashes

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    hey days of grace, where does rad haddin's innings rank? top 5 yeah?
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Player Name: SO Coco
    Player Role: Bowler who thinks he can bat
    Batting position: 8-11
    Bowling Style: fast medium (rh) with McGrath-like accuracy and a nice little off-cutter.
    Batting aggression: technically correct stroke-playing plodder

Am looking to find a spot at the expense of inconsistent performers in the last tour match. Am not much of a wicketkeeper though.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 23-06-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    sloblock
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

England Set For Final Preparations

Essex Invitational XI v England XI
    County Ground, Chelmsford
    26th-30th June

Chelmsford is set to play host this week to an England side running high on confidence if, with the exception of allrounder Marcuss Deen, not outright evidence. Chief concern will be the need of their top order to find some runs, after having relied heavily on their allrounders to assert scoreboard control in Dublin.

The Invitational players are much the same as those that crashed to defeat against the Australians in Taunton, but will take heart from the first three days of that game, in which they proved they can come up against the best and win. This time the local attack will consist of David Masters, Tymal Mills and Tom Craddock, while Owais Shah supports the middle order.

England are expected to make three changes, two of them to the fast bowling stocks. Gasin Myheart is nursing an ankle strain and will be replaced by Kev Goughy, while Smithington-Smythe is rested in favour of Bim Tesnan. Among the batsmen, Jake Howe will get a run in place of Robertson.

Expected sides

Essex Invitaional XI: Beegee, Mork, Shah, Teja, Dharan, Jansen, Phlegm, Dong, Masters, Mills, Craddock
    England XI: Fertang, Pickup, Howe, Moody, Wood, Ardley, Deen, Tesnan, Goughy, Furball, Force
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 25-06-2013 at 01:23 AM.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Oh great I get injured here too WAC
    Cabinet96 likes this.

Go me

Aiming for better than 20 all out

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Keep getting stranded..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Keep getting stranded..
    You got promoted to 5 ftr

School Boy/Girl Cricketer mightymariner's Avatar
    Essex to behave like Bangladesh for Tesnan.

Day One

Essex Invitational XI: BeeGee, Mork, Phlegm, Teja, Hildreth, Jansen, Dharan, Dong, Thomas, Dockrell, Overton
    England XI: Fertang, Pickup, Howe, Moody, Wood, Ardley, Deen, Tesnan, Goughy, Furball, Force

The Invitationals opted to bat first on the first morning, and Beegee was uncharacteristically looking to assert himself straight away. The New Zealander raced to 18 (12) by tonking three fours and a six off Force's opening two overs. But the quick had his man in his fourth, as an expansive drive resulted in a nick behind. Mork followed soon after, trapped lbw for 4 by the fired-up Force, and Teja was next, departing for 0 in the same over. An hour in the home side were struggling on 32-3.

Shah and the newly promoted Dharan made it as far as the change bowlers, but the former was out for 26 as the Essex man hooked a Tesnan delivery to Furball. Dharan was gone for the same score as Deen joined in the rout, and Phlegm was fortunate to survive an lbw shout from Tesnan. At lunch the scoreboard read 85/5.

The allrounder was unable to make the life count, as Force came back after the break to dismiss him for 12. Dong was only able to make it to 10 before edging Kev Goughy - by far the most economical bowler of the day - to slip. Masters was the next man, this time completing an early five-wicket haul for Force after a brace of streaky boundaries. Force at this point had 5-65 in just 14 overs, out of the home side's score of 130/8.

Jansen's 20 off 55 had been relatively sedate at the other end, but he became Force's sixth when he edged one to Tesnan for a third catch. Craddock was rapped on the pads first ball but survived, and deciding there was nothing to lose, swatted a bouncer for six for the first ball of Force's next over. The quick got his revenge on the next delivery as Craddock edged to Howe, ending the innings. Force had picked up 7-74, and the Invitational XI a miserable 145 all out.

England began their reply just before the evening session, and steadily made their way towards a lead as Pickup and Fertang raised their fifty partnership from 19 overs. Dong contributed a tight and testing spell of 8 overs for 10 runs, but the breakthrough eluded him as Dharan dropped the chance Pickup offered him. The keeper-batsman was eventually dismissed by his opposite number, this time off the bowling of Craddock, for 47, but by this point England had progressed to 99. Fertang raised his fifty along with his side's 100, and though Furball had a failure as nightwatchman, England had completed a dominant first day.

Last edited by Howe_zat; 26-06-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Monk followed soon after, trapped lbw for 4 by the fired-up Force[/COLOR]
    That bad an innings even the misinfo reporter couldn't get the name right

Also Forceh4x

Are you Australia in disguise?

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I hope I enjoyed my fielding and waiting to bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    That'll teach me for watching Sehwag videos before going out to bat

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information