• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A matches

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no idea what Aaron Finch is doing in that A squad, he can't bat for **** in FC cricket, but otherwise it looks a good squad, Joe Burns is playing county cricket but I don't know where Ferguson is, is he playing CC as well?

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Chances Maddinson gets called upto the main squad after these two tons?

If he makes it a double (looking likely) I'd say there's a decent chance.

He's a 21 year old, gun young talent, but has lacked the mental side of the game, seems to have done some growing up the last 12 months.

Is averaging 90 in FC since christmas.

Spark

Global Moderator
TBF in terms of the mental side of the game, probably grinding out two and a half sessions for a hundred is probably more what people are looking for - still might do that, mind, and may have about 270 by then.

edit: or 320

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he makes it a double (looking likely) I'd say there's a decent chance.

He's a 21 year old, gun young talent, but has lacked the mental side of the game, seems to have done some growing up the last 12 months.

Is averaging 90 in FC since christmas.
If anything, it seems like Maddinson has decided to just bat with more aggression. that's not particularly a sign of growing up. it's more a sign he got annoyed with his low scores and decided he may as well go hard or go home.

flibbertyjibber

If anything, it seems like Maddinson has decided to just bat with more aggression. that's not particularly a sign of growing up. it's more a sign he got annoyed with his low scores and decided he may as well go hard or go home.
Not the worst plan though. Maybe Warner needs to go back to what he does best and just smashing it instead of trying to be a proper player.

Sylvester

State Captain
I'll be interested seeing where this more aggressive approach takes him this season especially on the trickier decks. Would have been good seeing Silk getting a 100 as his application is what our side needs at the moment and hence why Rogers should be a welcome sight to our side.

Burgey

That's a really good day for our blokes. Hughes with a bit of time in the middle, and Maddinson. Well. Lad has game.

Daemon

Smith is such a douche. Declared just because he got out and was afraid Khawaja would score big.