• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A matches

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good on Smitteh! What we need is guys standing up and making runs. Don't care who they are or what their technique looks like, they just have to fill their boots when they get the chance. With Warner's issues and Khawaja not making a case I hope Smith gets added to the squad.
Interesting that the opposite was true when Chris Rogers' name popped up for discussion.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that the opposite was true when Chris Rogers' name popped up for discussion.
Man, I had some rows with Benchy about that, really doesn't matter how it looks,as long as it's effective then he should be considered, he definitely has the temperament for Test Cricket - proved that in India. In any case, we aren't test cricketers here on CW, we might know a lot about the game, but how can we be sure that we know what works and what doesn't at test level...

ajdude

International Coach
by the sounds of it he struggled early and then beat the edge heaps

noted spoil sports ireland declare once their batsman is dismissed

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like he was a bit unlucky, beat the bat a few times and had 3 or 4 edges through the slips or past the stumps, Lyon got a guy out slogging, but Agar did really well by the sound of it. Good to see Ireland declare and breathe life into this game, Aus should declare 350 or so ahead and set up an exciting final day chase. Maddison might fire this time round.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sounds like he was a bit unlucky, beat the bat a few times and had 3 or 4 edges through the slips or past the stumps, Lyon got a guy out slogging, but Agar did really well by the sound of it. Good to see Ireland declare and breathe life into this game, Aus should declare 350 or so ahead and set up an exciting final day chase. Maddison might fire this time round.
well this isn't quite what i expected by 'fire'

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He was showing glimpses of this type of innings towards the back end of the last Shield season, but had a tendency to get out after bringing up his 50.

He's such a good batsman when he gets going, just needs to add some consistency and I can't help but feel he's a future Test player, for sure :wub:

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Seriously when did Maddinson become this type of player? he's always been one to play his shots but the last 6 months has been ridiculous

adub

International Captain
There's no question he has the shots and can look like a freak when he gets going but he needs a lot of work on grinding them out when he isn't just seeing them like a beach ball.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Seriously when did Maddinson become this type of player? he's always been one to play his shots but the last 6 months has been ridiculous
6 months ago. :dry:

I get excited when a young guy dominates. It appears as though after a bad run of form a tactic of his is if the ball is there to be hit, he'll go for it. He has all the shots and is still under 22 years old so he's a pretty exciting prospect all things considered.

It would be nice to see Siddle take a couple of poles in the second innings, short on wickets so far.