Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Australia A matches

International Vice-Captain Maximas's Avatar
    I was really hoping this pitch would be a road so that the spinners could toil a bit, and sort out the men from the boys, but it looks like this game will be weather affected and the pitch is lively. Damn.
    Proudly supporting the world's no 1 spin bowler Rangana Herath and the mighty Sri Lankans!

I even made a domestic thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Wow, did anyone else no that Irish opening bowler Trent Johnson is 39? He's doing pretty well then!
    dismissed his former teammate too
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    I was really hoping this pitch would be a road so that the spinners could toil a bit, and sort out the men from the boys, but it looks like this game will be weather affected and the pitch is lively. Damn.
    I was hoping that two of our top 3 could knuckle down and bat out the first session in difficult circumstances. Obviously too hard..

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I was hoping that two of our top 3 could knuckle down and bat out the first session in difficult circumstances. Obviously too hard..
    Well we tried to have realistic hopes, but we failed. 2 guys batting right now to try and press a case for a wildcard into the ashes squad right now though.

steve smith forever david warner never

Smithy!
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Usman records a duck, Smith tons up. That will please the masses.....
    Cabinet96 likes this.

Smithy showing selectors why he was a little unlucky to miss ashes squad selection, play may resume according to the commentator, I'm still more interested to see how the spinners go, but we need a decent total first.

Nup, play called off for the day, good effort in the end by both teams, but Aus will probably press on tomorrow

Yeah good on Smith, he definitely was the most unlucky player to not be a part of the initial touring party. His sixth first class century in 73 innings draws him level with Warner (53 inn) and Matthew Wade (102 inn) on the official 'first class century list of Australians still playing first class cricket list'.

Patto is level with his highest score too. Kind of hard to believe that a bowler with his batting talents hasn't scored a half century, hopefully he does tonight.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Steve Smith is one bloke I really didn't want to see scoring runs tbh. His technique is flat out terrible. An indictment.

His technique is definitely different but his shot selection is very good whenever I've watched him in the past year and a half. Also his match awareness (which is probably just another way of saying good shot selection) seems really good compared to say a Phil Hughes or Moises Henriques.

Good on Smitteh! What we need is guys standing up and making runs. Don't care who they are or what their technique looks like, they just have to fill their boots when they get the chance. With Warner's issues and Khawaja not making a case I hope Smith gets added to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Yeah good on Smith, he definitely was the most unlucky player to not be a part of the initial touring party. His sixth first class century in 73 innings draws him level with Warner (53 inn) and Matthew Wade (102 inn) on the official 'first class century list of Australians still playing first class cricket list'.

Patto is level with his highest score too. Kind of hard to believe that a bowler with his batting talents hasn't scored a half century, hopefully he does tonight.
    TBF most of his opportunities have been at Test level and he hasn't had that many proper chances to get a half-century

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information