• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Thread - Who will be the Pantomime Villain?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Patto seriously likely to jump the fence and belt someone if he's all fired up in the middle of a spell. Hope it's Corrin.
Haha I don't think I'm attending any cricket this summer. First time in many years. We'll see though.

Enjoyed the OP, you'd make a good Evertonian.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lolz, nice one Valer.

As if, Siddle would run in any harder if taunted. What Ruckus is saying is basically who is mentally fragile. For me its Watson, Hughes, maybe Wade. Some might think Khawaja fits into this category, but I don't.

With the targets for what Burgey is saying, it has to be Warner and Watson.

Ruckus

International Captain
well not necessarily mentally fragile, just those who I think are more likely be emotionally affected (e.g. an angrier Pattinson probably wouldn't be a bad thing for his performance). But I guess a more relevant answer to what Burgey was asking, is that 'pantomime villians' are typically the players who either are the most talented in the team, get on the nerves of the opposition, let their performance be emotionally effected by the crowd/players or have a combination of all those qualities. For me, someone like Clarke (while he no doubt will cop some flack from the crowd because he is the best player and captain) is too understated to be the main target. Watson, I think, just isn't enough of a 'marquee' player to attract that much attention anymore. It's gotta be Warner or Pattinson.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did it in about 10 minutes at work this morning. I'd have thought it was obvious :-/

Burgey

The case I had listed for four days finished before lunch yesterday, so I have a bit of spare time.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
The Barmy Army songs in the first session will be pivotal. Warner most likely to have an on-field meltdown and define the series though.

Pattinson will be the barbarian imbecile given endless **** over homeworkgate, Watson (God forbid he plays) is already the soft nancy boy afraid of ghosts, and Warner will cop it endlessly over his tweets and general illiteracy. Crowd won't be kind to Hughes either, mostly for being Clarke's undroppable pet. Think Siddle elicits grudging respect nowadays, as does Clarke. Then again, so did Gillespie in 2005 and they wouldn't shut up about his investment caravan property.

Patto and Warner to come out for the better if so. Watson will collapse like a histrionic rag and give an exclusive to the Daily Mail. Pat Howard to insist team confidence is high after every drinks break.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Warner likely to bite back and respond, which makes it more likely that he'll be the favourite. Probably the only time that the Barmy Army holds an intellectual advantage over anyone too, tbh.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

I would imagine Homeworkgate members may be the first target with Watson taking the brunt of it through the summer as he is such a ****.