• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th thread - who should make way for KP?

Who would you drop for KP?

• Leave him out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Captain Cook

• Trott

• Root

• Swann

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if we are using stats as the sole guide Australia has Clarke, Warner, Hughes, Cowan, Watson, Wade, Haddin and Starc averaging higher than two of England's current top 6.

So yeah rubbish attempt from adders and I would drop Bairstow.
Do I need to point out the flaw in that argument???

One of our current top six wont be playing in the Ashes and Hughes, Watson and Haddin's averages are largely built on bygone eras when they were good.

So yeah, rubbish attempt at dodging the reality.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do I need to point out the flaw in that argument???

One of our current top six wont be playing in the Ashes and Hughes, Watson and Haddin's averages are largely built on bygone eras when they were good.

So yeah, rubbish attempt at dodging the reality.
Hughes was good once was he?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Hughes was good once was he?
Beat the **** out of Steyn and Morkel in South Africa on debut, was hailed as next Messiah, has since had every possible technical flaw exposed - can't play spin, can't play swing, can't play in the corridor etc. He'll hit his prime and mature but probably won't get out of the mid-40s ala Martyn.

Think he'll have a much more fruitful ODI/Twenty20 career IMO. Has looked very assured there.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I don't particularly rate him, I'd stick with Compton for the time being as:

a. He has the potential to hang around for long periods and that is not something that the Australian bowlers typically enjoy;

b. Root is doing well down the order and there is no guarantee that he would be successful down the order; and

c. Bairstow doesn't look all that much to me

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what number thread was my watson one? pews edit the title to reflect the number