• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Come on then Aussies put yer money in yer mouth and yer hands right upon the wheel

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on then Aussies put yer money in yer mouth and yer hands right upon the wheel
Ooooooh, this sounds like fun!! I'm new here so not sure how this works......but I'm in.

What are we betting on....series, tests, performances??

uvelocity

International Coach
hahaha there is no way you can lose your current avatar. where the **** did that come from? gun tstl

e: @ gimp

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ooooooh, this sounds like fun!! I'm new here so not sure how this works......but I'm in.

Bet on whatever you want mate, I somehow managed to lose my avatar during the last two Ashes series despite the England win.

hahaha there is no way you can lose your current avatar. where the **** did that come from? gun tstl

e: @ gimp
June 21st and its gone, lost a bet to Furball ffs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

We'll pretend for a post that I'm Australian. I'll bet my avatar for 3 months that Australia win the Ashes. You disagree, and bet on England.

If you are right and England win the Ashes, then you pick the avatar that I must use for the next 3 months. It can be anything you want.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
We'll pretend for a post that I'm Australian.
I'd imagine that would be harder to stomach than losing ones Avatar for 3 months:laugh:

Ok, haven't worked out the nuts and bolts yet but I'd like to challenge either Burgey or Uvo to an Ian Bell Avatar bet.........

Still thinking about what would work but along the lines of Belly outscoring any of your batsmen bar Clarke or your openers for the series. I've really got NFI what the Aussie line up is going to look like come July 10th, but essentially saying he'll score more runs than 4 of your batting line up.

So, open to suggestions on this but either of you Bell haters wanna put your money where your mouth is????:ph34r:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
your avatar is worthless adders
Softcock!!

So Burgey......you got bigger stones than your mate Uvo and wanna have a crack??

Given that Ian Bell is "not worth a squirt of piss" surely you'd back one of 4 Aussie batsmen to beat him over 5 tests??

uvelocity

International Coach
you reckon bell would be our second best bat, so have at it. anyone except clarke, or two of our bowlers combined would outscore spud bell for the series.

lose and you wear what I give ya til this until christmas which could be something like

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Bloody hell Uvo.....you still got that pic 8-) (Good one though:-O )

Mate if this series is anything like the last Bell will only get to play half a series. Hence the stipulation on the openers......they are likely to get far more game time than Bell.

Last time Bell Averaged 65 for the series, Watson 48.....yet Watson scored 100 odd more runs.

If you really want to throw in all your batsmen bar Clarke we'll have to go on averages for the series not runs scored. Or I'm happy to take you up on your 2 bowlers combined malarky,.......so long as you don't try and use Clarke or any other batsmen if they throw a couple of overs down.

But I am gonna wimp out on the till Christmas Bull****, it can go until day 1 of the Brisbane test..........I might wanna wager my Avatar on the next series.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been pretty vocal in my views so here are my bets for what it is worth

1. Oz will win at least one test

2. Cook will not rank amongst the 2 highest run scorers for England

3. Clarke will not rank amongst the 2 highest run scorers for Australia

4. Swann will not average under 35 with the ball

IMO, this series will spring a lot of surprises

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
bloody poms. whens the brisbane test? 2 proper bowlers - bats below the keeper. righto averages.
You been on the Stellas son :laugh:

So are you taking the 2 bowler option or the entire sides averages bar Clarke??

Brisbane test is 21st Nov......I know it's not long but we really can't take this into the next series.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I am now so certain of England victory this summer that I have already set about comissioning a tapestry to commemorate it.

6 months if you want to roll with me.

uvelocity

International Coach
i was adding the 2 bowlers option to the list of batsmen :p it wasn't an either/or

don't like stella much, and i was mainly just too tired tbf