• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
i was adding the 2 bowlers option to the list of batsmen :p it wasn't an either/or

don't like stella much, and i was mainly just too tired tbf
Blimey Uvo, considering you think Bell is such a spud you're certainly wanting to hedge your bets here8-)

But I've always been a reckless fella so you're on. Conditions are now that complicated I don't even know what I'm betting on though.........can you clarify??

But whoever looses keeps their dodgy Avatar from the end of the England series until day 1 of the Australian one.

uvelocity

International Coach
Any batsman except Clarke or any two proper bowlers combined will average more than spud bell for the away ashes series.

uvelocity

International Coach
But I reckon two of our bowlers individually will average more than bell, I'd want better than even odds for it though

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is someone gonna bet against me or what? Simple winner takes it all, duration until the series down under starts

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
But I reckon two of our bowlers individually will average more than bell, I'd want better than even odds for it though
I've only got one Avatar to bet with mate!!

But you're on with your suggested bet. Reckon I'm on a hiding to nothing though, but he who dares.......

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never done an avatar bet but am willing to do one if there are any takers from the crims with a bet worth taking.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
No bets - just a forfeit.

I have one of the longest-standing avatars in CW history - it has never been changed since the day I found this place more than a decade ago. I'm happy to put it on the line in a straight bet on the Ashes series - if England lose the series or even draw it, then I will replace it for 3 months with a picture of Brad Cheaty-Hodge (spit).

Now for the big one - if Australia so much as win a single test match, then for the rest of the series (and who knows how long afterwards) I'll let a certain a certain member of the genus anatidae out of the cupboard for a run around just to see if he can behave.

<muffled quack> Liar!!!

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I will consent to a month-long avatar of Steve Harmison if England don't concede over 500 in any innings at home.

Should they fail, you get Xavier Doherty.