• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second thread - Crowds for the Ashes in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On topic, I'm stinging for the first beer in the new grandstands at the SCG come January. They look great based on the plans at the ground.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
OK, I must admit I don't agree with that - what can the administrators do when the game is stuck between the fans who want to preserve the game and the big money that wants to commercialize it?
What could they have done? Maybe they could have been proactive for once when they could clearly see that the standard of the Sheffield Shield was going down and try and fix that so we wouldn't have the current rubbish standard we have now. Along with that not being proactive with the system and trying to fix the flaws in that. Which has resulted in the poor standard of the national team over the last 4/5 years. They couldn't even put in a proper set up for the national team which has made them even worse. They let the Sheffield shield, the system and the set up rot. Not only were they incapable of developing good players and a good national team, no that wasn't enough, they had to **** us over one last time with the scheduling. Apart from being greedy, there was no need to agree to two Ashes series together, but if you really must do it, you could at least make sure you could give us a team that has a good shot a winning it. I swear, if you didn't know better you would think they were trying to set us up to fail on purpose.

I keep having it shoved down my throat by other cricket fans that I'm meant to be excited about these 10 Ashes matches coming up. But what do I have to be excited about? This team Cricket Australia has given to us won't be winning it. Cricket Australia has set us up to fail, it's pretty hard to get excited about that to be honest.

The administrators don't care about trying their best to make the national team the best, all they care about is making money. Well they won't be getting my money anymore.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well whatever Backlash, I personally don't blame the board when they can't sustain a number 1 team forever, not easy to sustain the SS when no one turns up to it. In any case, don't get too hopeful, CA are gonna make a fortune out of the TV rights war. But don't get me wrong, CA aren't perfect.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well whatever Backlash, I personally don't blame the board when they can't sustain a number 1 team forever, not easy to sustain the SS when no one turns up to it.
Yes, lets not blame the board for getting complacent and letting the whole system rot. That's clearly not their fault at all.

In any case, don't get too hopeful, CA are gonna make a fortune out of the TV rights war. But don't get me wrong, CA aren't perfect.
And the game will be far worst off because of that I'm afraid. These guys are actually going to be rewarded for being sh*t, work that one out! It's all about the BBL and flogging the Ashes I'm afraid for these people. The way things are going I doubt I'll be watching or going to another international cricket game during the summer again. I'll just have to connect with the game through club cricket. The way this sport has been administrated has pretty much sucked the passion out of me as a cricket fan.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes, lets not blame the board for getting complacent and letting the whole system rot. That's clearly not their fault at all.

And the game will be far worst off because of that I'm afraid. These guys are actually going to be rewarded for being sh*t, work that one out! It's all about the BBL and flogging the Ashes I'm afraid for these people. The way things are going I doubt I'll be watching or going to another international cricket game during the summer again. I'll just have to connect with the game through club cricket. The way this sport has been administrated has pretty much sucked the passion out of me as a cricket fan.
Which is how you generate the money needed to improve the domestic structure in the first place.