• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prediction- who will do what in the Ashes?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Michael Clarke- Will maintain his excellent form. Highest average for both teams. 3 hundreds.
Brad Haddin- Will make 2 crucial hundreds. Will be involved in 2 crucial partnerships with Clarke that will influence the series.
Jackson Bird- Major revelation. Leading Australian wicket taker with 25 plus wickets. Will be referred to as "the new Terry Alderman" numerous times in the press. Will dismiss Nick Compton at least 4 times.
Ed Cowan- Will come of age this series, and many will acknowledge that he is very good. Predicting that he will bat for longer (minutes) than anyone else in the team. Will make a score of 150 plus.
James Faulkner- Will play one or two tests, coming in for injury. Will be a handy contributor.
Ryan Harris- Providing he is fit and plays 4 tests, he'll take 20 wickets. Will also score a 50.
Phillip Hughes- Will struggle against the swing and may well be dropped by the third test.
Usman Khawaja- Will replace Hughes and show a liking to English conditions, scoring 3 valuable 50s.
Nathan Lyon- Will struggle, but will work hard for his 15 series wickets.
James Pattinson- Will bowl well without massive rewards, but will take 15 wickets for the series. Will make some valuable lower order runs as well.
Chris Rogers- Will be involved in some crucial partnerships, and will hold Australia's innings together when all else fails on at least two occasions.
Peter Siddle- Similar to Pattinson.
Matthew Wade- May not play a test, but if he plays as a batsman only, I expect him to score a ton to prove a point.
David Warner- Should play. If he does, he will win a test almost single handedly with a batting masterclass.
Shane Watson- Will be handy with the ball, but ineffective with the bat. Could play as the fourth bowler if the selectors lose patience with Lyon and Watson is fit.

Last edited:

Red

So Australia are going to have a good series then? Not many failures in that list.
I'm generally optimistic. My pessimism can be seen with Hughes, Pattinson, Siddle & Watson.

Fwiw, I think this is going to be a very close fought series. I expect England to win in England, but I don't think they'll beat us easily.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How the hell are England going to win with Warner winning a Test for us, Cowan becoming a great batsman, Haddin scoring 2 crucial tons, Clarke scoring 3 tons and Rogers holding us together when all else fails a couple times. Not to mention the 50 from Harris, the valuable lower order runs from Pattinson and Siddle and then we have Jackson Alderman with the ball.

Very optimistic.

Red

How the hell are England going to win with Warner winning a Test for us, Cowan becoming a great batsman, Haddin scoring 2 crucial tons, Clarke scoring 3 tons and Rogers holding us together when all else fails a couple times. Not to mention the 50 from Harris, the valuable lower order runs from Pattinson and Siddle and then we have Jackson Alderman with the ball.

Very optimistic.
**** it. You've changed my mind. We will WIN! :dry:

Maybe Haddin will only score one ton.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I predict I'll have a flame war with Flibbertyjibber at some stage of the series.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not my predictions just my hopes:
Aussies
"James Faulkner- Will play one or two tests, coming in for injury. Will be a handy contributor."
I am not a fan of bowlers with flawed bowling actions so I hope he fails.
Clarke - I truly hope he keeps going and backs up last year. The guy has guts and determination.
David Warner- I hope he gets found out.
Bird - I hope he stays injury free as I think he is very intelligent.

Poms
Hope that KP does some heroics.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect England to win in England, but I don't think they'll beat us easily.
Blimey mate, if half those predictions of yours come off then England are shagged.

Can I make a more general prediction as in series results??

I personally think England will win in England quite comfortably, something like 3-1 or possibly even 4-0 (assuming not more than 1 test is vastly weather affected)

But.......

I seriously fear for our return trip to Oz. We have a shocking history of backing up after a big series and I think there is a very good chance this back to back series will play right into the Aussies hands. After these 10 tests are done I think there is a very good chance of the Aussies having the urn back in their grubby little hands.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Siddle to have more Tests wicket compared to Monty Panesar by the end of the series.

- Captain Cook and Captain Clarke to both average under 50.

- Rogers to play all 5 Tests and score in excess of 400 runs much to Benchmark's dismay.

- Brumby to start up a last man standing for the Ashes.

- Finn to hit the bowlers stumps more often than the batsmans stumps.

- Swann to be a factor in one Test, but for the most part he'll be largely ineffective with the ball.

- Lyon will get dropped/rested in at least one Test.

- Prior will have a great series with the gloves and bat.

- The series (not the Ashes perhaps) will be alive going into the final Test.

- Mitchell Starc will surprise many with his extra pace and subtle swing.

- Mark Ramprakash wont get a call up.

- Someone will come up with a Joe Root pun and think they are the funniest ****er on the planet.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Michael Clarke- Will maintain his excellent form. Highest average for both teams. 3 hundreds.
Brad Haddin- Will make 2 crucial hundreds. Will be involved in 2 crucial partnerships with Clarke that will influence the series.
Jackson Bird- Major revelation. Leading Australian wicket taker with 25 plus wickets. Will be referred to as "the new Terry Alderman" numerous times in the press. Will dismiss Nick Compton at least 4 times.
Ed Cowan- Will come of age this series, and many will acknowledge that he is very good. Predicting that he will bat for longer (minutes) than anyone else in the team. Will make a score of 150 plus.
James Faulkner- Will play one or two tests, coming in for injury. Will be a handy contributor.
Ryan Harris- Providing he is fit and plays 4 tests, he'll take 20 wickets. Will also score a 50.
Phillip Hughes- Will struggle against the swing and may well be dropped by the third test.
Usman Khawaja- Will replace Hughes and show a liking to English conditions, scoring 3 valuable 50s.
Nathan Lyon- Will struggle, but will work hard for his 15 series wickets.
James Pattinson- Will bowl well without massive rewards, but will take 15 wickets for the series. Will make some valuable lower order runs as well.
Chris Rogers- Will be involved in some crucial partnerships, and will hold Australia's innings together when all else fails on at least two occasions.
Peter Siddle- Similar to Pattinson.
Matthew Wade- May not play a test, but if he plays as a batsman only, I expect him to score a ton to prove a point.
David Warner- Should play. If he does, he will win a test almost single handedly with a batting masterclass.
Shane Watson- Will be handy with the ball, but ineffective with the bat. Could play as the fourth bowler if the selectors lose patience with Lyon and Watson is fit.
It'll go nowhere near this well if you're using 15 players with no injuries.

Don't think Khawaja or Faulkner will play.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Starc to go all Iron Man and lead both series in 5fers. Haddin v. Prior to be the big rivalry of the Ashes. Lyon to bowl well enough to cement the spinner slot for the forseeable future. The Gabba is restored to the amazing results wicket that test cricket desires.

Last edited: