• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prediction- who will do what in the Ashes?

Jetcsk

Cricket Spectator
I'll go out on a limb and predict this will be Hughe's coming of age. Top run scorer for the series with a couple of big tons and 3 or 4 50s. Steve Waugh circa 89 like series.
Were your drugs prescribed by a doctor, if so can I have his number.

Jetcsk

Cricket Spectator
It says a lot that bell (ding dong) is getting slated. I've never liked him I think he's weak under pressure but the fact he would walk into the Australian team means the Aussie batting lineup is in truly bad shape

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It says a lot that bell (ding dong) is getting slated. I've never liked him I think he's weak under pressure but the fact he would walk into the Australian team means the Aussie batting lineup is in truly bad shape
this is not as original a comment as you might be thinking...

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
-Khawaja (or Wade) to out-perform Cowan and the latter to be replaced at the top of the order by Warner by 3rd test.
-Watto to make at least 1 ton, enough to hold his place until next Ashes in England.

I can also envisage some kind of musical chairs with Haddin, Wade and Paine where Wade comes in for a test to relace an injured Haddin, outperforms Cowan and holds his spot as a batsman, Haddin gets dropped as keeper after double Ashes and replaced by Paine, Wade gets dropped on batting form and is once again our 2nd choice keeper.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
-Watto to make at least 1 ton,.

Love to know the odds on that, cos I'd just about bet the house against it.

Mate, Watson doesn't make tons when he's in the best of form..........what makes you think he can pull one out of the bag with his **** form of the last couple of years???

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bird to nip Cook out in the corridor 3-4 times.

Warner to knock him out in a pub after the 3rd Test.

Pattinson to hit Bell on the helmet and then bowl him before telling him he'd be better off trying his luck on 'The Only Way Is Essex' and screaming '**** OFF'. Bell then practices elegant cover drives all the way back to the pavilion to a cacophony of sound, later revealed to be the ripping of a thousand kleenex from their receptacles as fan boys go wild in fist-pumping adoration.

Last edited:

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Swann to get 25+ wickets.

KP to get 3 tons.

Someone to score a triple.

Pattinson to be a big let down.

England to go 1-0 down but win 3-1.

samreddevilz

Cricket Spectator
Whoever does Whatever..... James Anderson will be the Man of the Series. Michael Clarke is Highest Run Getter & Ander Highest Wicket.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
To break the train of disgustingly optimistic unEnglish posts I predict the following:

Trott to get out to Warner's part time spin on 3 occasions.
Prior to miss 7 stumping opportunities.
Broad to beam Pattinson 3 balls in row and get taken out of the attack. Pattinson to respond with a beamer to Broad that injures him and rules him out of the series.
Australia to be awesome and win 3-0 and England to suck balls.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
To break the train of disgustingly optimistic unEnglish posts I predict the following:

Trott to get out to Warner's part time spin on 3 occasions.
Prior to miss 7 stumping opportunities.
Broad to beam Pattinson 3 balls in row and get taken out of the attack. Pattinson to respond with a beamer to Broad that injures him and rules him out of the series.
Australia to be awesome and win 3-0 and England to suck balls.
love it

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I put a bit on Watson to score the most runs in the series a few weeks ago. Just feel like this is his time and he'll make at least one really massive score. Admittedly turning 80-odd into something big has never been his strong suit, but I don't think he'll fail often.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Siddle to have more Tests wicket compared to Monty Panesar by the end of the series.

- Captain Cook and Captain Clarke to both average under 50.

- Rogers to play all 5 Tests and score in excess of 400 runs much to Benchmark's dismay.

- Brumby to start up a last man standing for the Ashes. What happened Brumby?

- Finn to hit the bowlers stumps more often than the batsmans stumps.

- Swann to be a factor in one Test, but for the most part he'll be largely ineffective with the ball.

- Lyon will get dropped/rested in at least one Test. yessssssssssss

- Prior will have a great series with the gloves and bat.

- The series (not the Ashes perhaps) will be alive going into the final Test.

- Mitchell Starc will surprise many with his extra pace and subtle swing.

- Mark Ramprakash wont get a call up. Yessssssssssssssss

- Someone will come up with a Joe Root pun and think they are the funniest ****er on the planet. anyone??
Looking okay so far..

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll make a Root pun when he scores a century/gets dismissed (whatever comes first, also assuming I'm still up at the time).