• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prediction- who will do what in the Ashes?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bell has no class. I'd say he's the most over rated player in world cricket, but really, no one who knows anything about cricket rates him at all.
Avatar bet that Bell will be among the top three run scorers in the series?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd say Michael Clarke for one.
:laugh:

As for Burgey's point on Bell - bloke has played some bloody crucial innings for England in recent times but rather than be the mentally piss-weak player he used to be, he's developed into the high-school flirt. Looks good, leads you on enough but never takes you home.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

As for Burgey's point on Bell - bloke has played some bloody crucial innings for England in recent times but rather than be the mentally piss-weak player he used to be, he's developed into the high-school flirt. Looks good, leads you on enough but never takes you home.
I agree with this 100%. No doubt he hasn't made the most of his immense talent, bar his brilliant 18 months or so between 2010-11.

But to say he his **** is just a nonsense.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I also think elegance can be a misconception of talent. Sure, him driving a ball through cover is greater eye candy than Cook doing the same. But does that really make him more talented?

Of course, maybe I'm just judging why people think he's talented the wrong way. If so, I'd love to hear what it is exactly that makes him more talented than most.

I don't like the term anyway, actually. Flem was right.