• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First thread - Who will be the top run scorer and wicket taker?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cook and Anderson for me #predictable

I do get a feeling that Broad will have a good series with the ball though. Just think he'll click again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well its not the first thread if you move old ones in here now is it? Damn you guys.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Gun work James :wub:

Cook and Anderson for me #predictable

I do get a feeling that Broad will have a good series with the ball though. Just think he'll click again.
I think if Broad clicks, he'll be top wicket taker, but he's not as safe a bet as Anderson.

I'd probably go with Cook and Anderson myself, however, if I was betting I'd probably have a flutter on Bell, who'd have more friendly odds. Just get the feeling he'll have a good series, and I really like his game when it comes to batting against seam friendly attacks in England.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Clarke, provided his body is right, could well challenge Cook to top run scorer.

No chance of an Aussie taking the most wickets; nobody will play all 5 Tests.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this the first thread of the Ashes to call Jono a ****, if so I'm in.

BTW I've been drinking all day, and I've just got in.

Last edited:

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Swann for top wicket taker - he'll love all the left handers in the Australian top order.

Have a horrible feeling Watson might have a good series with the bat but I'll go with my heart and say Trott - he's been getting out in un-Trott-like ways recently, feel like he'll tighten things up a bit and just accumulate ruthlessly.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke for runs, as he'll get more opportunities to bat unfortunately.

Anderson for wickets.

Boring yeah but meh.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Clarke and I'm undecided on the bowling. Will be a Pom but not sure who their best bowler to lefties is.