• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First thread - Who will be the top run scorer and wicket taker?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
First sighting of Dud Root makes me believe that he's a stunt double for Prince William:

Discuss, all submissions to be made to mickeyarthur @ cricket.co.za.

Last edited:

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'd like to see Root put up the order.. Probably into 3.. I think if that can happen he'll have his way with the Aussie attack. He's a brilliant up and coming batsman and I'd like to see him contesting against Cook for highest run scorer in the series.

Bowling wise.. No idea. Haha

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'd probably go with Cook and Anderson myself, however, if I was betting I'd probably have a flutter on Bell, who'd have more friendly odds. Just get the feeling he'll have a good series, and I really like his game when it comes to batting against seam friendly attacks in England.
:cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Swann for top wicket taker - he'll love all the left handers in the Australian top order.
Which way round...?

Pretty sold on Clarke for reasons mentioned earlier. Worried about Jimmy lasting the series having seen him distinctly sub-par in Kiwiland, Broad and Finn won't hold it together over five tests, and Swann has question marks over fitness too. Saying that, it's not like an Aussie will play all five, so Swanny's my shout.
Very good from these two

Mate we could pick the ****ing Teletetubbies to bat from 3-6 and you still wouldn't beat us
Our lack of runs coupled with resounding victory bears fruit for this theory IMO

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't even remember making that prediction but it's turned out as a rather good shout that actually makes me look like I know what I'm talking about so no complaints here.