• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will you support in the upcoming Ashes and why?

Who will you be supporting this Ashes?

• Total voters

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
For non England/Australian supporters only- would be interesting to know the non Ashes nations attitude towards the series.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Probably the poms because I'm a Saffa so by default am bred to hate the Aussies (we're bred to hate the poms too but not as much).

Then again the aussies beating the poms would probably do SA a favour in terms of holding their position atop the Test rankings. Still.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting question.

Doubt I'll be supporting either side over the other but certainly some players over others.

Patto, Hughes, Prior, Cowan, Clarke, KP I can get behind. PEWS probably knows who's on the top of my hated list. Him and his stupid grin. God wac he is.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Cook, Clarke, Patto, Anderson, Siddle, Lyon, Prior, KP, Cowan, Warner and Compton. Harris and Tremlett in the unlikely event they play.

I hope the rest don't take a wicket or score a run.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia this time, I tend to be a bit of a Swing Supporter for the Ashes, but I must say I'd prefer 5 great games and an England and Wales win than Australia prevailing 1-0 in a series with lot of rain and flat pitches.

Already 4-0 for Oz in the poll. The pommy cricketers are SO loved around the world, aren't they? :p

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia I would imagine, since England will be huge favourites. But in reality it depends who I put money on.

biased indian

International Coach
will support Australia...since they will be going into the series as outsiders...and this will be the first time that i would be supporting Australia in cricket after the 1987 world cup final :)...always like to support the under dogs

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This would have been a far more interesting Poll if the options had been:

English supporting England
English supporting Australia
Australian supporting England
Australian supporting Australia
Neutral supporting England
Neutral supporting Australia
English not supporting either
Australian not supporting either
Neutral not supporting either
Julia Gillard

I know most normal people tend to support their own country but I've come across one or two on here in the past who don't necessarily all the time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm supporting Cowan, Hughes, Clarke, Smith, Patto, Lyon, Harris, Siddle, Starc, Cook, Compton, Root, Prior, Swann, Anderson.

Australia for the overall result, provided Glenn Maxwell has nothing to do with it.

L Trumper

State Regular
England, probably. But I am more concerned with individual performances and standard of play. Hopefully we will get great matches.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Australia.

World cricket needs a strong Australia really. India will continue to pump zillions regardless of its team being **** or not (IPL has become its best insurance policy to vagaries of performance of national team)

England too, Just look at the 90s.

But I do fear for Australia. For a nation of its size Aus has always amazed me with the talent it produced. World cricket simply cannot afford to have a middle rung Australia.

So Australia it is. Despite Burgey.