• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will you support in the upcoming Ashes and why?

Who will you be supporting this Ashes?

• Total voters
Australia. Their media and fans are more likeable in general (personal point of view) and I find that they invariably take both victory and defeat with grace. I'm not a fan of the brand of cricket played by England too. Good team yes, but aside from KP they are terribly sleep inducing and boring. And it's not the rate of scoring but the style really. Can watch Kallis and Dravid bat all day, can't say the same about Cook. Also feel Australia are being underrated a little. They have been beaten by India in India but most teams get beaten there. England have been second best to the Kiwis which is much more of a surprise. So yes, England are slight favourites but I'll be backing Australia.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia.

World cricket needs a strong Australia really. India will continue to pump zillions regardless of its team being **** or not (IPL has become its best insurance policy to vagaries of performance of national team)

England too, Just look at the 90s.

But I do fear for Australia. For a nation of its size Aus has always amazed me with the talent it produced. World cricket simply cannot afford to have a middle rung Australia.

So Australia it is. Despite Burgey.
Who is this ****?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Most Indian supporters would probably say Australia, including me. Mostly because England beat us at home and we're even with the Aussies after the recent series win, so I'd rather watch the Aussies beat England. But part of me genuinely wants Australia to do well cuz I feel bad for Clarke and the kind of batsmen his team contains.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Definitely be supporting Australia, but if Aust were to go up 2-0 or something I'd be cheering on England for a good series. But overall, yeah Australia.

Most of all I want Ed Cowan to dominate though. I will be barracking him on so so much.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there is any Australian player I want to do well it is Cowan. Like Lyon as well but can't be having him doing better than Swann.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll actually be interesting to see the Aussies vs Spin in England, you would think they would do a lot better after basically getting 4 test matches worth of practice against quality spinners on helpful pitches that Swann and Panesar would by default seem a lot easier to face.

Then again you never know with the Aussie bats because they looked horrible in the recent series.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well we will not be seeing Panesar unless Swann is is injured. Think Swann will play his part.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia.

1.Being underdogs
2.Being a team that might threaten India's rankings lesser than England
3.My favourite team apart from India since childhood
and few other small reasons like the above..

Flametree

International 12th Man
Would have been a fence-sitter "just hope the players I like do well and it's a close series" three weeks ago, but having to put up with the English media for three weeks trumpeting their side's supposed superiority over us, I'm definitely going for Australia now.

Though Aggers is a lovely bloke...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It'll actually be interesting to see the Aussies vs Spin in England, you would think they would do a lot better after basically getting 4 test matches worth of practice against quality spinners on helpful pitches that Swann and Panesar would by default seem a lot easier to face.
Interesting definition of quality there.

If the pitches are turners then I don't see that it'll be any easier, in fact it may even be trickier. If they're not turners (which is likely) then they'll suddenly have to face quality seam bowlers on helpful pitches.