• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now and again you think to yourself that Burgey might actually be a good* bloke. Then an Ashes comes onto the horizon and he rears his true ugly self. Everyone was still using dial-up Internet last time Australia won over here ffs. The Twin Towers were still standing and I was still in school ffs. They've got no chance. The series over there might be closer but ultimately Australia are an average to poor side and don't have a chance against us.

*NB - my iPhone corrected good to old originally, make of that what you will
You're confusing Ashes results with the last time you bathed.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's interesting you say that, because during my extensive travels through England, I've noticed all the sheep have a remarkable resemblance to the locals.
That's true where I live - but then again, I do support The Rams.

I also read your comment out to the wife - and she said "Who said that - Baagey?"

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
This series is going to be beautiful.

Haven't seen such an emotionally charged forum in years, not since Paint Turtle or the last election or even the last Ashes series.

Legends will be born, and scapegoats burned. Flamewars, and trolling, and bannings.

And watching the Poms get more misty-eyed with every wicket lost will be the sweetest sight of them all.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series is going to be beautiful.

Haven't seen such an emotionally charged forum in years, not since Paint Turtle or the last election or even the last Ashes series.

Legends will be born, and scapegoats burned. Flamewars, and trolling, and bannings.

And watching the Poms get more misty-eyed with every wicket lost will be the sweetest sight of them all.
It'll be hard to notice the sadness. Not exactly a nation of the brightest and bubbliest.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am pretty worried about Harris and Pattinson over here. I mean the strain on the NHS in these straitened times could be disastrous.

U19 12th Man
Australia has better bowlers, and that means England are likely to be making scores more comparable to Australia. Game on.

Hughes and Warner will play a lot better than expected too.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok I am now definetly confident that what I have though for a while is now certain, Australia's bowlers are being overhyped.