• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

TumTum

Banned
I really have no interest in this series and do not care if we get thrashed every session of every day of every Test. Tour of India has pretty much killed my interest in following the Aussie team. Full of jokers and ****s.

But I will be watching just because I like cricket (and have nothing better to do...). I will actually enjoy watching Trott and Cook's batting for a change.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook, Prior and KP are all gun. But Trott and Bell have been pretty meh lately, and Root and Compton are still very unproven.

Not exactly stellar, though comfortably better than us.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Pattinson, Siddle and Harris is significantly better than NZ lineup, as much as I rate them.

If England prepare greentops, this series will be alot closer than most (especially English fans) think.

I honestly think the Australian bowlers will swing it more than the English, Harris and Pattinson consistently swing the Kookaburra, the Duke is alot easier to swing with the smaller seam and the laquer they use on the ball...............

Someone like Starc could be pretty interesting if he gets a run, he probably will at some stage.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
I really have no interest in this series and do not care if we get thrashed every session of every day of every Test. Tour of India has pretty much killed my interest in following the Aussie team. Full of jokers and ****s.

But I will be watching just because I like cricket (and have nothing better to do...). I will actually enjoy watching Trott and Cook's batting for a change.
things that grind my foruming gears:
posters who state the obvious

Furball

Evil Scotsman

IIRC Steve Smith isn't in the squad.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Harris is actually going to play? Is this something people are actually assuming?

I heard him in an interview not 2 days ago, said he was 100% fit, and had been bowling 15-20 overs a day in the nets for the past 3 weeks in camp in Brisbane.

He also said Starc should be right for the tour games, and had probably been the most impressive with the Duke ball in training.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Ian Bell must be the least threatening batsman in the world to average over 40. Simply don't give a **** when he's at the crease, unlike guys like Prior and Cook.

Daemon

How is England's batting weak? Serious gambhiring (for lack of a better term) at work here.

Compare them to any side in the world other than South Africa and it's clear they aren't ****.

Cook, Pior, KP - guns. Trott's been alright since after the UAE disaster. It's just Bell who's been ****, even Compton and Root have already shown signs that they're good enough for this level. Add England's lower order to that and I really can't fathom how anyone can say their batting is below par. It's one of the best lineups in the world atm.

flibbertyjibber

I think you will find it is Aussies clutching at straws trying to convince themselves they aren't as bad as they are and have a good chance of winning this summer.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, which is what being unproven means isn't it? Certainly batted well last evening.
"unproven at best" was a bit harsh I thought, I would argue he is a little more accomplished than that, these last two tests he's looked better than any other English batsman.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How is England's batting weak? Serious gambhiring (for lack of a better term) at work here.

Compare them to any side in the world other than South Africa and it's clear they aren't ****.

Cook, Pior, KP - guns. Trott's been alright since after the UAE disaster. It's just Bell who's been ****, even Compton and Root have already shown signs that they're good enough for this level. Add England's lower order to that and I really can't fathom how anyone can say their batting is below par. It's one of the best lineups in the world atm.
Trott and Bell's form isn't inspiring, KP is injured. You throw a couple of rookies into that environment and people will worry. Won't take much to turn things around but given the quality of bowling expected this summer (and indeed seen so far) it won't be easy

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I definitely wouldn't call England's batting "weak" by current international standards, however it's definitely not great either and it's something worth worrying about (even if not panicking), particularly as Australia have a good attack.