Page 96 of 180 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2691
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: *Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

  1. #1426
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    This is the CW we live in, people.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  2. #1427
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Deal in facts though, and take the personalities out of it

    The last two years, Haddin's batting went to the dogs

    See Stats guru

    That said, you could probably make a case for him to tour India last month, given our crappiness against spin.

    And he's keeping, let's be honest, has never been great.

    Take the rose coloured glasses off

    But if you think 36 year olds improve, and that he's cherry ripe for a recall, then that's good
    Benchy's face right now:


  3. #1428
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,036
    Can we keep the Haddin love in perspective please. Wade's biggest sin is making Haddin look good in comparison. Anyway its not the worst decn. Not like picking Marsh. Just shows how crazy unsettled we are atm. Wade was meant to be the future. Selectors were sure of that. Now we've gone back to it instead.

    Now if I was paranoid and Watson I might worry abt these developments. If there's talk of playing both keepers then someone has to shift. Watson just might be above that line but I'd be thinking abt Wade's little bowling stint in a recent home test. 132 clicks aint bad for a 5th bowling option. Get interested in bowling again Shane. I'd say to myself.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 23-04-2013 at 06:49 PM.

  4. #1429
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    tbf howard is right. I only think Wade is crap because of his personality. If I look beyond his personality and all the dropped catches and missed stumpings, Wade has been in fact amazing with the gloves.

    and yeah, tbf, if I run Haddin's FC stats for last season through stats guru using the 'no personalities' filter it doesn't even say he averaged 52!!!


  5. #1430
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    I agree that Haddin shouldn't be painted like a God or anything because of Wade's ****ness. But the fact is no one is saying Haddin right now is the best wicket keeper/batsman Australia has ever produced or anything like that. All they are saying is he is better than Wade as a keeper, batsman and leader. Why the **** would you not pick him? Because he's 36? Nah.

  6. #1431
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,786
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    tbf howard is right. I only think Wade is crap because of his personality. If I look beyond his personality and all the dropped catches and missed stumpings, Wade has been in fact amazing with the gloves.

    and yeah, tbf, if I run Haddin's FC stats for last season through stats guru using the 'no personalities' filter it doesn't even say he averaged 52!!!
    No chief, I meant look beyond Haddin's personality, and your Mister Wright-like love for all things NSW

    Seriously, go play in the domestic thread, and leave the international stuff to people with some perspective
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

    - Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

  7. #1432
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156

  8. #1433
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Averages 52 for the season. 80 times the keeper Wade is.


    Let's retain Wade.

    This is the perspective we're all striving for.

  9. #1434
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,634
    i'd not be opposed to the pair of them. i mean i'd rather wade as a batsman only at this point than marsh, voges, bailey, usman, doolan, forrest et cetera
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  10. #1435
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,900
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Was such a bat **** cray movie. Didn't enjoy it.

    Unlike Haddin's pending recall.
    Agree with all of this so much.
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  11. #1436
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,900
    Looks like Faulkner will make the trip, which is fair enough really.

  12. #1437
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Agree with all of this so much.
    Nnanden not a fan of 500 Days of Summer but a big fan of New Girl


  13. #1438
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Also was a fan of 3rd Rock, although who wasn't!


  14. #1439
    International Captain ajdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    7,087
    yessss Rogers in
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

  15. #1440
    International Debutant dermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Deal in facts though, and take the personalities out of it

    The last two years, Haddin's batting went to the dogs

    See Stats guru

    That said, you could probably make a case for him to tour India last month, given our crappiness against spin.

    And he's keeping, let's be honest, has never been great.

    Take the rose coloured glasses off

    But if you think 36 year olds improve, and that he's cherry ripe for a recall, then that's good
    nah no way was his batting poor for the 2 years prior to being dropped. his last test series was india 11/12 and the ashes prior to that 10/11 he averaged 45 and was our second best batsmen. and he's made **** loads of runs in fc cricket this season to.

    and he might not be marsh with the gloves but hes miles ahead of wade.

    and all this **** about him being 35, who gives a **** we've got the 2 most important series coming in the next 6 months, we dont need to build a ****ing team for 3 years time we need it now



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Home Ashes to return to free-to-air TV
    By four_or_six in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 17-11-2009, 10:11 AM
  2. Ashes Coming Home
    By SurreyFan in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-09-2009, 05:41 AM
  3. Herald Sun's Top 50 Ashes Legends
    By The Sean in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 01:53 PM
  4. The Google Ashes
    By superkingdave in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-06-2009, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •