• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Channel Nine have it, and will show it on one of their extra channels.
You reckon they'll show all sessions though?? I mean if they have the 300th repeat of 3 and half Men scheduled on GEM, do you reckon they'll show the cricket??? I've got my doubts.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
i find it ****ed. nine are indeed muppets. put all sport on ppv
My missus has given me the choice between the week away in Adelaide for the test match or putting Austar on. Can't have both:blink:

Can't miss the Adelaide test match, so have no choice but to put my faith in Ch 9 to not **** this up.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
My missus has given me the choice between the week away in Adelaide for the test match or putting Austar on. Can't have both:blink:

Can't miss the Adelaide test match, so have no choice but to put my faith in Ch 9 to not **** this up.
#Olympics

uvelocity

International Coach

does she put her balls away even at night sometimes?

Valer

First Class Debutant
Cowan, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Watson, Haddin, Starc, Pattinson, Siddle, Lyon.
Would put money on England with this team.

The bowling attack will lack penetration, as others have mentioned Starc really hasn't delivered with the red ball much like Finn. This is much of the attack that was completely toothless for large periods of time in India and vs the Proteas (obviously Pattinson didn't play). Obviously **** fast bowling conditions vs India but but I would back a team with the above bowlers to look mediocre for periods of time in England too.

As for the batting...
Have you seen Watson's running and you're putting him with the tail? I don't like the top order for the same reasons for many of the same reasons as I don't like the Rogers selection... Too many openers.

the big bambino

International Captain
Would put money on England with this team.

The bowling attack will lack penetration, as others have mentioned Starc really hasn't delivered with the red ball much like Finn. This is much of the attack that was completely toothless for large periods of time in India and vs the Proteas (obviously Pattinson didn't play). Obviously **** fast bowling conditions vs India but but I would back a team with the above bowlers to look mediocre for periods of time in England too.

As for the batting...
Have you seen Watson's running and you're putting him with the tail? I don't like the top order for the same reasons for many of the same reasons as I don't like the Rogers selection... Too many openers.
Its not my team but the one I'm guessing the selectors will pick. I have the same doubts about Watson batting with the tail. But really we don't have anyone atm. Plus we need Watto's bowling so he'll be fitted in somewhere.

My team contains 2 changes. First up Usman at 6 but replacing Cowan. Watson opens with Warner. Then you'd have a batting line of Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin. Not concerned at all about Rogers at 3. I think the concern over 3 openers is a bit precious. Putting Rogers btwn Hughes and an early wicket with the ball swinging seems reasonable to me.

Of the bowlers I was thinking of playing Harris first up but I don't think we cant afford him breaking down and losing the 1st test. I think we should try and hold Eng as best we can then play him later in the series as a weapon over 2 tests. Hopefully that can decide the matter. Would actually consider Bird and Lyon for the 1st test. So my side (as opposed to the one I think they'll pick) would be: Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin, Pattinson, Siddle, Lyon, Bird

Valer

First Class Debutant
Its not my team but the one I'm guessing the selectors will pick. I have the same doubts about Watson batting with the tail. But really we don't have anyone atm. Plus we need Watto's bowling so he'll be fitted in somewhere.
Treat you as "The selectors" there. Totally agree about wattos bowling.

My team contains 2 changes. First up Usman at 6 but replacing Cowan. Watson opens with Warner. Then you'd have a batting line of Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin. Not concerned at all about Rogers at 3. I think the concern over 3 openers is a bit precious. Putting Rogers btwn Hughes and an early wicket with the ball swinging seems reasonable to me.
How do you get only 3? Watson Hughes Cowan Rogers Warner. Less Cowan in yours.

Of the bowlers I was thinking of playing Harris first up but I don't think we cant afford him breaking down and losing the 1st test. I think we should try and hold Eng as best we can then play him later in the series as a weapon over 2 tests. Hopefully that can decide the matter. Would actually consider Bird and Lyon for the 1st test. So my side (as opposed to the one I think they'll pick) would be: Watson, Warner, Rogers, Hughes, Clarke, Usman, Haddin, Pattinson, Siddle, Lyon, Bird
I don't think we'll win the first test without Harris anyway. I wouldn't trust this team to comeback later in the series either...

the big bambino

International Captain
How do you get only 3? Watson Hughes Cowan Rogers Warner. Less Cowan in yours.
Can only work with whats been selected. If you have a worry about 3 openers in the team then you'll be concerned with any side picked. After all the side has up to 5 openers and as many as 4 picked.

Still the worry abt so many openers is a non issue. Hughes is being set for a career in the middle order. Rogers is as good a candidate as any at 3. So why not give him the chance there? They claim Watson does his best work as opener. Ok then prove it. I'm ok with punting on his attitude change after his stuff up in India and relinquishing the vc. He should be motivated. So pick him in his best spot. Plus his bowling...

So we have a lot of openers but in reality most are being groomed for other roles. Its about as good a batting side as we can muster atm.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watson and Warner opening together in England would be a massive mistake IMO.
Yeah it would be sure, given the makeup of our squad. Cowan or Rogers has to open every Test.

One thing I am confident about is that whoever opens will be better than one of our openers in our very last Test innings - Glenn ****ing Maxwell.